Insurance licenses and bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance licenses and bankruptcy

As a condition of my employment my employer required that I be licensed in certain states. One of the questions on my rlicense enewal is, Have you filed bankruptcy since your last renewal. Does anyone know if filing bankruptcy automatically means some states won't renew my insurance license?

It is a violation of bk law for a governmental agency to deny licensing and/or employment due to the filing of a bk. See 11 USC 525.

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
      It is a violation of bk law for a governmental agency to deny licensing and/or employment due to the filing of a bk. See 11 USC 525.

Des.
      It's amazing how these agencies are just asking to be put in hot water asking questions which according to your post are illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by EandGWZ View Post
        It's amazing how these agencies are just asking to be put in hot water asking questions which according to your post are illegal.
        The asking of the question is not a violation. What would be a violation is denying the license because the bk was filed. Sometimes, answering that the bk was filed actually shows that the potential employee/licensee is a responsible person, having taken steps to deal with financial problems.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X