Can I still do bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I still do bankruptcy

and what I need for it when residency is concerned ?

I stopped to pay credit cards in 2009, June, about 60 k at that time, sure much more now .
    I do not posess anything , used to live in trailer park, CA .
    I lived out of USA for almost 5 years , my only income are alimony, now I am in the process
    of applying for ss , on my ex account, marriage 28 years .
    If I would get ss money, I would like to go back to US and start bancruptcy process .
    My question , is it not to late for bancruptcy ? and will I qualify for chapter 7 with income
    about 1900 a month ?

thanks
    e

It's not too late to file.
    $1900/month income should qualify you for a Chapter 7. Most bk lawyers give free or lowcost initial consultations. Speak with 2 or 3 and see what they suggest.

Comment

Thank you very much , but I still want ask again, what is really time frame for bancruptcy after default, and does social security count as an income for qualifying for chapter 7 . Thanks

Comment

There is no "time frame for bankruptcy after default." You can file before default or as long after default as you want.

Social security income is not included on the Chap 7 means test. But, it is included on Schedule I. It is possible to pass the means test, but have an objection to a Chap 7 discharge if your schedules I/J show you have enough disposible income to fund a Chap 13.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X