Different Business account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Business account

I'm a signer on the Business Account for our HOA and those accounts are at a Bank where I have a credit card that will probably be included in my Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. Now usually they tell you to close accounts etc, but the its not my account to close. Its the HOA's and there are 3 of us with signing privileges so I write checks and my neighbor usually does the deposits. I know they won't want to close the accounts because that bank is very convenient for the HOA and its my personal Bankruptcy. I didn't really want to tell them about it but I guess I should and just have them take my name off the account so the bank won't do something crazy like freeze it when its not my money.

Or should I just not worry cause the Bank should keep business and personal accounts separate?

Is your social security number in any way associated with the HOA's account? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. If so, this is probably only a concern if the bank is Wells Fargo who is known for freezing accounts when BK is filed or with a credit union or non-federal bank with a cross collateralization agreement in the terms of the credit card you will discharge. Even you did have to give the bank your SSN to become a signatory on the account, your BK should not affect the HOA's account. But errors happen. If you have any doubt whether your SSN is connected to the HOA account, check with the bank to be safe.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I think the only number on the account is the Tax Payer ID number of the HOA but I'll try to check with the bank. Its with US Bank so no not Wells Fargo. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X