top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent help! Hit a deer - State Farm Reimbursement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent help! Hit a deer - State Farm Reimbursement?

Hit a deer carcass in the road last night on the way to my parent's house in Iowa. State Farm will cover it fully under comprehensive. Repair shop needs $380 to fix the radiator so I can get back to Chicago tonight and have the rest of the damage fixed later.

My Chapter 7 341 is December 13. So my question is - do I pay for the repair today out of my account and then cash the reimbursement check - all the while showing the paper trail to the trustee in my bank account? Will this be counted as income or does it not matter since I've already filed?

Or do I have my dad pay cash for the repair and then send him the reimbursement check when it comes in and not show any of this in my bank account?

I barely have enough in my account right now to cover it so not sure what to do. The auto shop isn't in State Farm's network so they need their payment up front and can't bill them.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    11/13/07 - Filed Chapter 7
    12/13/07 - 341 Meeting
    02/12/08 - Discharged
    02/15/08 - Case closed

Originally posted by Chicago View Post
    Will this be counted as income or does it not matter since I've already filed?
    If you filed Ch 7, then your bankruptcy estate was set on the day you filed. Any monies like this that come in after filing aren't considered a part of your estate and so shouldn't count as income.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Thanks! Would it be okay if I just have my dad pay for it and then give him the reimbursement?
      12/13/07 - 341 Meeting
      02/12/08 - Discharged
      02/15/08 - Case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago View Post
        Thanks! Would it be okay if I just have my dad pay for it and then give him the reimbursement?
        No problem.

Comment

The repair bill came to $410 so my dad just paid cash so I'll send him the reimbursement check when I get it. Now he wonders if State Farm will total it since it's only worth about $1000 wholesale but I posted that question in another thread.

Thanks!
          Last edited by Chicago; 11-24-2007, 01:08 PM. Reason: typo
          12/13/07 - 341 Meeting
          02/12/08 - Discharged
          02/15/08 - Case closed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X