Watching the Days Go By...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching the Days Go By...

I'm curious, those of you that have filed Pro Se, has a main reason for not paying an attorney been the amount of time that passes between the day you last used the credit cards and the day the creditors take action?

It's become apparant that creditors are not willing to pull out their big guns right away if they doubt the amount of the payback. It's already been more than 90 days since I quit the cards and there hasn't even been an indication of willingness to transfer to a CA yet...

So before I know it, it could be 6 months... 9 months... years? Doesn't that make it less likely that a creditor will be able (or willing) to defend a debt, making Pro Se a way to save cash? Or am I fooling myself? What do you guys think in this regard?
    Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

IMO, it's worth the money to hire a professional to file for you. I'm sure that you can do it, but when you get a good attorney, you not only have their wisdom, you have their connections to the courts and trustee.

A good attorney is worth every $$$ you pay them.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
      IMO, it's worth the money to hire a professional to file for you. I'm sure that you can do it, but when you get a good attorney, you not only have their wisdom, you have their connections to the courts and trustee.

A good attorney is worth every $$$ you pay them.
      Yeah, not to mention it saves a lot of the trouble and guesswork. When I read the Pro Se forum I think, well, if enough time goes by the creditors probably won't attend the 341... then again, if I'm losing my tax refund anyway, would it be wise to use it on attorney's fees to keep it sweet and simple, or spend it on other allowables?

Hmmm....
      Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

Mine was timing. While the cost was high... the only attorney that could do it "quickly" would need 2 weeks to prepare the case. I only had 3 days.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X