341 in Tampa today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 in Tampa today

Ugh! I've probably read every single 341 post since I filed in early Jan. and yet I still can't get rid of the butterflies swarming in my stomach.

I almost wish I hadn't read previous posts about the trustee I was assigned to who is pretty famous here in the Middle District. Just want to get it over with!

My app't is at 3:30, and it was the last thing I thought about when I finally fell asleep late last night and the first thought I had when I woke up.

I think it's just the feeling that someone else holds the control of my financial life -- with my DMI, I'm not sure if I'll get kicked into a 13 even though I'm well below the median income. Imagining all the worst-case scenarios, and hoping when I get home and update this, I'll be able to laugh at how ridiculous I'm being right now by being so stressed out.
    Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/12/10 341 held: 2/16/10 Discharged and Closed: 4/20/10
    Stopped Mortgage Pymts: 5/1/10 Moving to Rental: 7/2/10. Hoping Wells Fargo forecloses in 6 months tops

Good Luck! I'll be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way
    Marie

Comment

You'll be fine. It's the most anti-climactic event of the season, believe me. FEAR NOT!

Marie, I love your sig line.

Comment

You'll be fine. Best wishes on an uneventful 341 Meeting!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I read your kind messages right before walking out the door, and the positive thoughts really did help as I was driving up to Tampa.

I got there at 3, my mtg. was scheduled for 3:30, and the trustee was REALLY running behind because I didn't get called up until 5 pm.

Everyone was right -- it was so incredibly uneventful for all the stressing I did leading up to it. She saved the 2 pro se filers until the very end, and out of every single case I saw called between 3 and 5, we 2 were the only ones that had submitted all the paperwork she had requested to have received 7 days prior. 4 continuances in a row all from the same attorney who hadn't submitted all the required paperwork for any of his clients. The trustee sort of made an example out of us self-filers by looking at him while saying to us how organized and complete our filings were :-)

The trustee told every single person that came before her that they would be hearing from the appraiser to schedule an appointment to have their home and belongings inspected...except me!

I am going to sleep so good tonight!!!
          Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/12/10 341 held: 2/16/10 Discharged and Closed: 4/20/10
          Stopped Mortgage Pymts: 5/1/10 Moving to Rental: 7/2/10. Hoping Wells Fargo forecloses in 6 months tops

Comment

Congratulations!!! You did VERY well! Welcome to the 60 Day Club!!
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Very nice, and welcome to the 60 day club!
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Awesome! Isn't that a great feeling?

Comment

Congrats. I'm also going to have my 341 in Tampa (eventually) after I file CH7.

What was your impression of who the appraiser was scheduled with and who wasn't? I'm so terrified someone is going to come to my house and go through everything.

We've moved several times over the past few years and I've still got stuff in boxes. Also, since we're married but I'm the only one filing (and I realize this is a question for my attorney--I'm interviewing another one tomorrow) I have no idea how to list everything. What's "his" and what's "mine". You know?
                  A mom on the Gulf Coast of FL filing CH7 and blogging about it. http://chapter7beforeandafter.blogspot.com

Retained Lawyer: 4/5/10. Filed: 6/17/10. 341: 7/21/10. Discharge Date: TBA

Comment

Is it a community property state? If so, I would guess you have to claim half the value of everything. And 100% of anything that was yours before you got married. I'm not sure what other property qualifies as your sole property in a community property state. Maybe inheritances or something like that. But yeah, your attorney should know. I'm just guessing.

Comment

Florida is not a community property State. It's a State of equity (equitable distribution). However, even in a State of "equity", using marital funds (marital property) to acquire other property, may make it owned 50/50.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X