Can I handwrite my BK forms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I handwrite my BK forms?

I was wondering if I could fill in the bk forms in ink rather than type them? does anyone know if i can do this? Thanks

In Colorado you can fill them out in black ink using block printing.

Comment

Yes, you can, but they prefer it be typed. All of the Bankruptcy Forms are fillable, meaning that you can bring them up on your computer, type in your information, and then print them. The downside is that you can't "save" what you typed -- unless you buy a full Adobe version or something like NitroPDF.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Actually pdf995 has all kinds of free pdf editing software, and you can set it up as a pdf printer.

Comment

You sometimes can. This is the kind of thing your local rules might mention, or your court clerk can answer, if you need to be sure. Unless your writing is very clear though, you might make your trustee grumpy -- there are enough pages for them to glance over as it is without having to read your writing too!

Comment

Thanks. I just figured out how to type in the info and it's a lot easier than trying to handwrite it.

Comment

How exactly did you do it?

Thanks for the exchange.

I'm not feeling terribly computer literate. [E.g. What is "The Matrix"? I thought it was a philosophically interesting sci-fi movie.]

Comment

It's the list of names and addresses of all of your creditors. The mailing matrix. And it really isn't all that philosophically intriguing. But it gets expensive if you don't get it right the first time. Not just in postage to re-mail stuff, but if you have to add or delete creditors -- $26.00 every time you have to file a matrix addition or deletion to the list. (No charge just to change an address though)

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                  It's the list of names and addresses of all of your creditors. The mailing matrix. And it really isn't all that philosophically intriguing. But it gets expensive if you don't get it right the first time. Not just in postage to re-mail stuff, but if you have to add or delete creditors -- $26.00 every time you have to file a matrix addition or deletion to the list. (No charge just to change an address though)
                  Who mails the matrix list?

Comment

Originally posted by bellessima View Post
                    Who mails the matrix list?
                    The Debtor is responsible for producing the initial list. You must follow your Local Rules for producing the list, which usually requires that you submit it in electronic format. I submitted it on CDROM. Others allow it to be submitted no 3.5" floppy, but who has those anymore... LOL!

The list is then stored in PACER and used for notification purposes. It becomes the MASTER notification list. Please be advised that once you submit the list, the MASTER list will probably contain additional addresses (usually the Trustee, UST, IRS, local law enforcement, etc), depending on Local practices.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Umm, if you have computer access to post on this forum, you can type the forms.

Comment

In Nevada, a pro-se filer can hand write the forms. The only part that they require be typed is the creditor matrix. You haven't lived until you've seen a 40 page bankruptcy petition written in cursive/longhand in difficult to read handwriting. Awesome.

--William
                        I am an attorney, but I am just not your attorney.
                        As such, any statement is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by BKDefender View Post
                          You haven't lived until you've seen a 40 page bankruptcy petition written in cursive/longhand in difficult to read handwriting. Awesome.
                          Worse is that after it has been imaged (scanned) by the Intake Clerk(s), it becomes even less readable.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                            The Debtor is responsible for producing the initial list. You must follow your Local Rules for producing the list, which usually requires that you submit it in electronic format. I submitted it on CDROM. Others allow it to be submitted no 3.5" floppy, but who has those anymore... LOL!
                            Our local rules described both 3.5" and CDROM in different parts, I think one had just been written longer ago than the other. But when we filed, the clerk looked at my CDROM and said "we don't take those" and I was glad that I had also brought along a hardcopy version fitting some other rules I'd come across because that was fine for them. The moral seems to be: if it's easy to, bring along whatever formats you can conveniently provide (at least if you're filing in person), don't assume the local rules are actually followed!

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                            Worse is that after it has been imaged (scanned) by the Intake Clerk(s), it becomes even less readable.
                            Our filing was way less readable, I hadn't realized until the trustee commented on it, though the clerk had mentioned trouble with the scanner! It's actually quite hard to read the left part of all the pages -- I hope my Schedule F is still "valid" despite the creditor names and account numbers being so unreadable. I wonder if partly I got a "light" 341 because the trustee just didn't want to squint so much. (I had a perfectly readable hardcopy with me, but he didn't ask.)

Comment

Originally posted by mtbc View Post
                              But when we filed, the clerk looked at my CDROM and said "we don't take those" and I was glad that I had also brought along a hardcopy version fitting some other rules I'd come across because that was fine for them.
                              I brought my Matrix on paper (with a written affidavit), along with the CDROM! I actually deplore local rules, as they never seem to be in sync.... what's online versus what the Intake Clerk tells you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X