top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Trustees picky about estimated values of household goods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Trustees picky about estimated values of household goods?

i wasnt sure the "science" to coming up with a price, so i just thought what i would pay everything for at a thirft shop. I have no major assets: no property, only 200 cash, not much of anythign really. not even a job. am on weflare. would they grill me about my estiamtes on my household goods?

It depends on where you live. In Florida, people tend to somehow value all their property, in their 3,000 square foot home, to be worth less than $1,000. This drives the Trustees here mad, and most of the time, they just send an appraiser out. As for how your Trustee handles valuations, is anyone's guess. It's certainly not replacement cost, but seems to be anywhere from garage sale prices to wholesale (auction) prices.

Find out what the standard is for your particular District. Many don't mind you using garage sale, fire sale, or bottom-basement pricing.

If you really have nothing, I don't see them bothering you.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

justbroke, Thanks that is helpful .

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X