top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accuracy of amounts and account #'s in schedules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accuracy of amounts and account #'s in schedules?

Good morning all,

Another question I have for everyone.

How important is 100% accurate numbers for creditors as it pertains to account balances and account numbers?

I have the correct amounts as far as I know. However, with some of my creditors (especially hospital bills) splitting the bills out to 2 or 3 different debt collection agencies... I can't be certain. I have tried, and I am getting the run around.

The same goes with account numbers. Instead of having one master account, I just got a list of all my "account numbers" from a local clinic - where each account number was a seperate visit.

So, how much accuracy is required on those? Is it "to the best of my knowledge", and as long as I have completed my due-dilligence i am fine?

Thanks!
    Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se on May 7th, 2010
    341 on June 1st - no Issues!
    Discharged 8/6!

Originally posted by koruption View Post
    Good morning all,

Another question I have for everyone.

How important is 100% accurate numbers for creditors as it pertains to account balances and account numbers?

I have the correct amounts as far as I know. However, with some of my creditors (especially hospital bills) splitting the bills out to 2 or 3 different debt collection agencies... I can't be certain. I have tried, and I am getting the run around.

The same goes with account numbers. Instead of having one master account, I just got a list of all my "account numbers" from a local clinic - where each account number was a seperate visit.

So, how much accuracy is required on those? Is it "to the best of my knowledge", and as long as I have completed my due-dilligence i am fine?

Thanks!
    When I filled out my schedules I used the amounts that were last reported on my credit report or if i had a recent collection letter or statement from the creditor I used that.

As far as collection agencies, I listed the originial creditor first with the full amount owed and then under each original creditor Ilisted the collection agencies collecting for that account with an amount owed as $1.

I don't think you have to have an exact amount. Just be as accurate as possible.

For the account numbers I listed all numbers known for a particular debt. For account numbers that I could not find I used the last 4 of my ssn as the account number.
    -Filed Ch7 pro se 04/14/2010
    -341 Meeting is 05/24/2010 (went uneventfully well)
    -Report of No Distribution 6/4/2010
    -Discharge 7/28/2010

Comment

Amounts, not very important; just list what you know.

Account numbers, should be accurate, but it is not 100% important. The importance of listing creditors is so they get notified of the BK and can identify the account involved. If you have medical bills from the same provider but the bills cover multiple visits and therefore have multiple reference numbers, you will be okay. In a situation like that, their master reference number is probably your social security number. What you are seeing on the different bills are more like reference numbers, not true account numbers.
      Last edited by HHM; 05-17-2010, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GettingGoing View Post
        When I filled out my schedules I used the amounts that were last reported on my credit report or if i had a recent collection letter or statement from the creditor I used that.

As far as collection agencies, I listed the originial creditor first with the full amount owed and then under each original creditor Ilisted the collection agencies collecting for that account with an amount owed as $1.

I don't think you have to have an exact amount. Just be as accurate as possible.

For the account numbers I listed all numbers known for a particular debt. For account numbers that I could not find I used the last 4 of my ssn as the account number.
        That's about what I thought, thank the both of you. off to the court house to file this final schedule. woohoo!
        Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se on May 7th, 2010
        341 on June 1st - no Issues!
        Discharged 8/6!

Comment

Works for me.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X