top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to file ONLINE if you are PRO SE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to file ONLINE if you are PRO SE?

I don't know the rules here in Northern Georgia - and the courthouse is closed.

Any ideas?
    Over Median Income - 10/04/10--Filed Pro Se Chap 7/ No Assets 11/10/10--341 Held 01/18/11-- No Distribution/No Funds 01/19/11--Not subject to dismissal under 521(i)(1) AND --Reaffirmation Hearing Held = APPROVED 02/10/11--Discharged

The answer is simple. No.

(The use of CM/ECF for electronic filing of a petition, not only requires you to take several classes and be certified with it, it also requires a bar association number. Because an attorney's professional status and license is on the line when they file documents with the court, they are allowed to and mandated to use CM/ECF. I don't think the general public will ever get full CM/ECF access. We do enjoy "PACER" access which is really just "read-only" access to CM/ECF.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

(strange double post)
      Last edited by justbroke; 09-21-2010, 05:48 PM.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Why not just wait 'til tomorrow? If it's a real emergency, look on your court's website for emergency filing procedures. Courts are deemed to be always open. Thus, if it's a real emergency, there's someone -- a clerk or a judge or deputy clerk, on standby that you can take your filing to after business hours.
        Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

As msbklawyer wrote, there are emergency filings. My District publishes this on their website under local procedures. They will take emergency filings via FAX with only the first page or two of the petition! HOWEVER, the actual petition must be IN PACER or filed with the Clerk's office by 10AM the next morning with the fee (or fee waiver application).

They also don't accept "emergency" filings before 5PM and after 11:59PM the same day. Anything on their fax machine before or after that time is DISCARDED. They won't even look at it.
          Last edited by justbroke; 09-21-2010, 05:57 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X