6 month income sheet / Schedule I question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 month income sheet / Schedule I question

Question - am I required to file a separate sheet that shows my income for the last six months broken down by month?

August 2010 = $7,000
    September 2010 = $7,000
    October 2010 = $2,500
    November 2010 = 2,500
    December 2010 = $2,000
    January 2011 = $2,000

I will be filing next week in the Central District California if that makes a difference. My concern is that my employment is funky, I actually have two jobs but I am a "part-time/contract" employee at both of them. I go in whenever they need me. My hours can go from 40/hrs a week between both jobs to 20/hrs a week between both jobs REGULARLY. There really is no rhyme or reason to it.

Would also appreciate any info on how this may look to a Trustee. Technically, I could make 6000/mo every month going forward, but I havent been getting any hours the last few months... I plan on having the following statement on Schedule I / anticipated changes:

"Current employment is part-time as needed. Hours worked fluctuate based on employer need."

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No, you do not need to attach any sheets. The Trustee confirms the six-month lookback by reviewing the requisite pay stubs. (This is why the Trustee asks for paystubs, so that they can verify the actual income and withholdings!)

It is fine to leave a statement on there, but I would not in this case. It would only open you up to more questions, especially if the United States Trustee (UST) wants to look at "totality of circumstances". Since your lookback already accounts for the fluctuations, I don't think you need to make that statement. That's just my opinion since that statement area is for things "known" to change.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Only do extra work if the Trustee SPECIFICALLY requests it. Your paystubs speak for themselves.
      I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
      Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

dumping, you said that better in one sentence, than I did in two paragraphs!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X