installment payment application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installment payment application

Hi, I am filing pro se with help from the NOLO book. I need to file ASAP as I am currently under garnishment and don't want to lose more money than I have to. I need to apply for the installment payments but on my state bankruptcy court site where I got my petition packet and forms, it says for the installment app I have to go in person to clerk (Denver, CO). My question is does anyone know what the app criteria or process for this is. Is it on the spot approval where I should just show up with my whole petition ready for filing? Or should I go before I'm finished preparing petition as the installment app process could take a few days? Does anyone know? thanks.

Finish your petition and double/triple check it. Call the Clerk's office and "ask" them a procedural question. Ask them the specifics of requesting an installment. In general, installments are allowed without any particular fanfare. (On the other hand, requesting a waiver of the fees requires a hearing.)

I always recommend filing your petition in person, so this is why I suggest that you complete your petition and then travel to the Clerk's office. Again, I would call to make sure that I'm bringing the right items.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X