Form 1 - Tenant of Residential Property question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 1 - Tenant of Residential Property question

I'm not really sure what to answer here, even after reading through the Nolo Book (and yes I just bought the new one!)

The options are:
    'Landlord has a judgement against the debtor'
    'Debtor claims that under applicable non bankruptcy law, there are circumstances under which the debtor would be permitted to cure the entire monetary default that gave rise to the judgement for possession'
    'Debtor has included with this petition the deposit with the court of any rent that would become due during the 30-day period after filing'
    'Debtor certifies that he/she has served the Landlord with this certification'

I rent a room in a house and the landlord has no idea that I'm filing bankruptcy, nor would he really care if he knew. I don't know if this matters..

I thought I answered this in the Pro Se section, but it appears that the system never took my response!

The only reason to fill out that section is if the landlord has started proceedings to have you evicted, or has a judgment of eviction If you want to stay, then you MUST give all future rents to the clerk of the (bankruptcy) court to hold. You must be or "get" current!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X