OC and Collections on Schedule F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OC and Collections on Schedule F

Trying to get my schedule F filled out. Basically going off of the info from my credit reports. I have a past due account from DirecTV as well as two different collections on behalf of DirecTV. All show the same balance. OC shows Charged off balance of 977+ (service, equipment, and ETF), both collection agencies show balance due.

On the amounts section of the schedule, do I put it for the OC, the collection accounts (not sure which is current), all of the above....? Since 95% of my debt is stuff like this, I want to make sure I get it right. No point in getting dismissed because I screwed up a form.

I would list the Original Creditor (OC) with the full balance. For the junk debt buyers (JDBs) / collectors, I would list them as Contingent, put the amount as $0, and in the description put "FOR NOTIFICATION ONLY - duplicate of XXXXX". (I'm not sure all Districts like that "FOR NOTIFICATION ONLY", but I have done this without any problems.) By doing so, you alert the OC and the JDBs are put on notice that the debt is included in the bankruptcy.

You are doing the right thing by listing them all!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Looks like I need to match up my OCs with my JDBs. A little work tonight, but still cheaper than paying a lawyer to fill in the blanks.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X