top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Court with Judgment on me didn’t accept Bankruptcy notification letter from BK court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Court with Judgment on me didn’t accept Bankruptcy notification letter from BK court

American Express went after me in 2010 and won a Judgment on me. They have been after me for years. I filed ch 7 and one letter came back. The letter that went to the court where American express got a Judgement on me says "Return to sender. Not deliverable as addressed" "Unable to forward"

The letter had the case number right before the address like this

American Express
    CV201000000000000
    777 N jefferson Rd
    city, state, zip

I can see how I may have shot my self by listing American express before the case number. I am not sure what to do now? This is the biggest debt I owe and need the judgement to be stopped .

This was a for notice only on the paper work under the American Express address on the BK paperwork.

One other thing is how do I deal with judgements ? What is the best way to remove them from public record after i get the discharge?
    Last edited by bluediamond2077; 05-31-2014, 04:37 PM.

You should call the Clerk of the Court for the court that issued the Judgment. Ask them a "procedural" question on how you file a Suggestion of Bankruptcy in that case. You should also sent, via CMRR, a letter to the creditor's attorney of record as well as the creditor themselves.

If this judgment has been recorded and has become a judgment lien, you may have more issues than simply filing a suggestion of bankruptcy as a lien passes through the bankruptcy unaffected.

You will probably not be able to remove the judgment from your credit report if it is correctly reported. The fact that there was a judgment is true. However, that judgment should read with a $0 balance and "included in bankruptcy".

Did you file pro se or did you use an attorney?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X