quit claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quit claim

Ok well my father in law put my husbands name on the deed to a house he had in SC.
    Neither of us have paid one cent on the home. Father in law pays it. he actually has Homestead on it and with husband on it it is more for him to pay in property taxes. He wants to take husband off the deed so it will be cheaper for him in the long run. will trustee see this as a bad thing if he takes hubby off the deed even though we had no money put into it?

Long story short.....Filed 13 on 8/21/2012 I ended up having massive major surgery (total revision on my spine for scoliosis ended up with two titanium rods and 27 screws and a years recovery time....aka no working no driving no nothing for a very long time and was just hubby making the payments and bills.) we ended up having to not be able to make payments for a long time to the trustee and he is recommending a discharge on the account. We were told to refile by the atty but now trying to figure out how to refile as we are now separating. (this is a huge mess trust me i have a hard time figuring it out) We are playing nice with each other neither of us want to harm or hinder this. We get along better now than we did before. but we are wanting to refile and figure out how to do so in the process. (I know I need to post another post on all that.)
    Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
    10 payments down 50 more to go!

Transferring property to a family member without market value consideration is not a good idea before filing BK. You need to talk to your BK attorney about how to deal with this property.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X