Transfer's over two years old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer's over two years old?

About 2.5 years ago, when things got desperate in my financial life, I sold three vehicles. One for over $70K (very rare car), another for $5K, and another for $8k. I find two answers when researching a lookback period, one year and two years. But will a trustee (or whomever) look back further than this and question the sales? (they were not sold to friends or family)
    BK7 - Discharged May 2011

You have to disclose the sale/transfer of assets not done in the ordinary course if the sale happened within 2 years of filing (question 10, Statement of Financial Affairs). Since these sales happened more than 2 years ago you do not need to disclose them. A Trustee has the right to use your State's "fraudulent conveyance" statute if the look back period in the statute is more than 2 years. He can inquire about such transactions. He would be looking for a sale or transfer in which you did not obtain an "equal exchange of value". It sounds like the transactions were "arms length". You did not sell a classic car worth 70K for 10K. I see no problems.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X