top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long after discharge can Citi repo my sauna?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long after discharge can Citi repo my sauna?

Hi everyone. Filed Chapter 7 in Jan. 09 -- discharged Apr. 09. One item we decided to keep for my husband's health purposes is an infrared sauna. We purchased this in early 2008 on a one-year, no interest, no payment plan with Citifinancial. Never made a payment. It was listed as a secured debt on our bankruptcy, but we have never heard a word from them. It has now been 10 months since discharge. We are downsizing and will no longer have room for this. Do you think Citifinancial intends to repo this? If so, how long do they have to do so? Do I need to contact them? Any help is appreciated!

They still have a lien on that property. I might be inclined to contact them once to give them an opportunity to come and get it. They probably don't want it, but at least you can say that you afforded them the opportunity. I guess you're moving and you don't want to drag it along with you. You have no obligation to drag it around waiting for them to come and get it.

Reasonable care is all you're expected to provide. You've kept it in good condition for them this long, and now you're moving. Some will say don't even call them, but I think a reasonable person would give them an opportunity to reclaim the property. If they don't come and get it... that's by their choice and you have no obligation.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm inclined to do, but didn't know if it would be stupid or not. I appreciate your thoughts.

Comment

Just an update in case anyone is wondering. I contacted Citi on 3/23/10 and spoke to a really nice lady who informed me the loan was a non-collaterized loan so we could do whatever we wanted with the sauna. She actually laughed when I told her it was a sauna -- said that was the first time she had heard of a loan for one of them. I got her name just in case they ever decide they want it back.

Comment

Excellent.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by bbur9 View Post
            Just an update in case anyone is wondering. I contacted Citi on 3/23/10 and spoke to a really nice lady who informed me the loan was a non-collaterized loan so we could do whatever we wanted with the sauna. She actually laughed when I told her it was a sauna -- said that was the first time she had heard of a loan for one of them. I got her name just in case they ever decide they want it back.
            Did you ask when they are going to send
            you the title then? You really cant do
            much with it without the title...I know if
            i had a free car, I would be driving it for sure...

Comment

It's not a car. It's a hot tub. bbur9 is moving and leaving it behind. Was just offering Citifinancial an opportunity to come and get it.

Comment

2 words: craigslist or backpage (actually thats 3 words)

Comment

If not too far from me, I will take it. You might even get breakfast out of me.
                  Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X