This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keepinitreal--
    Entirely different circumstances. The offense committed in that thread, if I recall correctly was a joke email being passed around. The offense being committed here is people with votes and influence expressing a view that could result in millions of people losing their only lifeline IN THE WORST ECONOMY SINCE THE DEPRESSION.

So, other than the fact that cutting off a lifeline will result in millions of people being homeless and then starving to death, and the potential for an increase in crime, yeah, I guess these examples are dead nuts even.

Comment

Tobee.... 3 definitions - but there are plenty more LOL

One whose head is so far up their rear end it could pass for a hat; used to describe a person who is stubborn, cruel, or otherwise unpleasant to be around.

A general term for someone who carries out actions with such stupidity that they might as well wear their ass as a hat.

When someone has clear and proven evidence against their point and yet refuses to accept the point being made against them. Thus the term someone who has their head up their ass.

Comment

Pandora,
        you obviously missed my point.

There were posts in here that stated extending unemployment causes people to not look for work. Never mind the fact that there aren't any jobs out there. My point and parrallel was as follows: People here are posting that unemployment should be cut off, never mind that it is some peoples only lifeline, without understanding the current economic situation. These same people used an instrument of survival, (chapter 7 or 13) to save their economic hides. I think it is ironic that people who have used an instrument of survival that many would frown upon (bankruptcy) and in the same forum these people wish to cut off an instrument of survival for others (unemployment).

Comment

Originally posted by houston7 View Post
          Pandora,
          you obviously missed my point.

There were posts in here that stated extending unemployment causes people to not look for work. Never mind the fact that there aren't any jobs out there. My point and parrallel was as follows: People here are posting that unemployment should be cut off, never mind that it is some peoples only lifeline, without understanding the current economic situation. These same people used an instrument of survival, (chapter 7 or 13) to save their economic hides. I think it is ironic that people who have used an instrument of survival that many would frown upon (bankruptcy) and in the same forum these people wish to cut off an instrument of survival for others (unemployment).
          No.. I understood your point in full and in its context. Its the way you said it that is in question. People can have their own opinions on the matter and voice it constructively - good, bad, indifferent -but to do as you did is low. Calling people idiots, low-life, and all the other crass statements you used is utterly the bottom of the barrel. Cast a stone...yaddah yaddah yaddah

Sorry. My opinion on your post - you could have debated point for point in a different manner but you chose not to.

Comment

Originally posted by houston7 View Post
            Keepinitreal--
            Entirely different circumstances. The offense committed in that thread, if I recall correctly was a joke email being passed around. The offense being committed here is people with votes and influence expressing a view that could result in millions of people losing their only lifeline IN THE WORST ECONOMY SINCE THE DEPRESSION.

So, other than the fact that cutting off a lifeline will result in millions of people being homeless and then starving to death, and the potential for an increase in crime, yeah, I guess these examples are dead nuts even.
            wow...thanks!!!!!!!! earth to houston...houston come in..... that is sooooooooo much better...

now...i'd like to stress an excellent point you made...that being...sure...it's JUST fine to use a system when it eliminates your PERSONAL debts and allows you to wipe YOUR slate clean....however, it's not ok to ask for something YOU earned and pay into your entire lives...i agree..that's calling or whom is calling the kettle black?? (i'm so lousy with those expressions so half a dozen one or another...but you get the point).

its a double standard, but every one is entitled to their opinion.....to me it's simply unfair to stop the benefits.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
              Tobee.... 3 definitions - but there are plenty more LOL

One whose head is so far up their rear end it could pass for a hat; used to describe a person who is stubborn, cruel, or otherwise unpleasant to be around.

A general term for someone who carries out actions with such stupidity that they might as well wear their ass as a hat.

When someone has clear and proven evidence against their point and yet refuses to accept the point being made against them. Thus the term someone who has their head up their ass.

thanks pandora.....i knew i could count on you....
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                No.. I understood your point in full and in its context. Its the way you said it that is in question. People can have their own opinions on the matter and voice it constructively - good, bad, indifferent -but to do as you did is low. Calling people idiots, low-life, and all the other crass statements you used is utterly the bottom of the barrel. Cast a stone...yaddah yaddah yaddah

Sorry. My opinion on your post - you could have debated point for point in a different manner but you chose not to.
                it's the old adage...it's NOT what you say...it's how you say it. people miss your excellent points when they are said in such a hostile manner and WE are both on the same side here houston. i can use all the support on this issue as possible! but don't want to piss people off in the process...it defects the purpose.

Comment

On behalf of Houston7

Here are the facts of life:

Although I disliked the tone of Ms./Mr. Houston7, he/she is obviously in pain, as we all were or are. We have been there and have or will soon be over it.

The extended UC is NOT YOUR MONEY. It is the taxpayers money. It is UNEARNED income. I was the one who said I do not approve of giveaways as it does stifle people going out and trying to work. I don't include every person in that statement.

Since our Government will pay Brazil OUR money to explore for oil in OUR Gulf, and then stop OUR drilling, I will be glad to take OUR money when we can not work due to OUR GOVERNMENT'S policies and confiscatory tax laws.

Your first post on this thread is not the issue, but is the tone that people here complain about. I personally reported that post so that your tone will either be stopped, or you would get banned. WE do not deserve your abuse, Houston7.

YOU are judgmental. WE are helpful people attempting to help those like yourself who are in the pain we are so familiar with. WE HAVE BEEN THERE. YOU do not know our individual problems.

The rhetorical saying "I felt sorry for having no shoes until I saw the guy who had no feet" should haunt your little head. YOU don't know our situations and if you want help, you are in the right place. If you wish to sow discord among those of us who are in recovery, please pass this thread or this Forum by.

I refuse to share your misery. I can empathize with it but I will not have you inflict it upon me. Get a life, you are one of many who may become homeless.
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

i must say...there is NOTHING more pleasing and down right juicy than a controversial issue.

it very much excites me to invite such debates...but as hub as pointed out....being judgmental resolves nothing.

i started this thread and collecting my unemployment insurance, knowing darn well, they will BOTH end..... with respect to the UI, it's just the sneaky way that bothers me about how it was done.

in reviewing this thread we have all learned that the government pretty much kept the subject out of the limelight and basically under wraps. no one could locate any current articles or anything about the status of the extension.

we ALL need to adjust to our new life styles and try to at the least embrace them...and continue to do what we can to put a roof over our heads and food on our tables. we will become stronger...we will become more creative thinkers, we will become more self sufficient. it will continue to be an uphill battle for many if not most, however, we all will still be here and become thankful for the small wonders we experience in our daily lives...it's just withdrawal from a really strong drug and now we have to ween ourselves back into the real world.

and the moral of the story...is never take anything for granted and know that nothing is for free...

maybe time to CLOSE this thread???

Comment

Closed by request.
                      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X