• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defaulted Loans May Haunt Seniors

Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

ex post facto law?

From wikipedia: An ex post facto law (from the Latin for "from after the action") or retroactive law, is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences (or status) of actions committed or relationships that existed prior to the enactment of the law.
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

SS benefits will be hit by bad debts now.

Comment

Found this at Wall Street Journal

It depends on what the loan was for? Not all defaulted loans. Not to panic yet...........plus, it has to do with student loans, and other loans related to gov.
        (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
        :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

The system ate my response because the threads were merged! No fair.

Basically I asked in my post not to make political statements about Bush or any President, for that matter. Bush actually promised to VETO this bill. However, it passed the senate with 85% of the vote and Congress with over 75% of the vote... basically making it veto-proof. It was largely passed by the Democrats. Barrack Obama, as well as Hillary and John McCain didn't vote on the measure. Maybe smart on their part.

In the end, this is CONGRESS that did this, not the President. So, blame CONGRESS and help me replace 33% of them in 2010 and the other 33% in 2012.

Rock the Vote! Vote None of the Above 2010! is my campaign. (My name is JustBroke and I approve of this message.)
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Sorry about that. And, I like your post.
            (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
            :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Sorry, but I did add in the Dems are just as bad.. lol... and they are.... WE need real people in Washington not parties.

Comment

Just vote... NONE OF THE ABOVE 2010! Spread the word!
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                  Just vote... NONE OF THE ABOVE 2010! Spread the word!
                  Amen, let's do that!
                  Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
                  Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

At least a few of them are actually stepping down, like Chairman Dodd. I can't believe he let CNN Reporter Dana Bash catch him in an outright lie, on camera. This is who we elected folks. I am actually starting to think that States should appoint their own Senators again so that Senators represent their State, not their party.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                      The system ate my response because the threads were merged! No fair.

Basically I asked in my post not to make political statements about Bush or any President, for that matter. Bush actually promised to VETO this bill. However, it passed the senate with 85% of the vote and Congress with over 75% of the vote... basically making it veto-proof. It was largely passed by the Democrats. Barrack Obama, as well as Hillary and John McCain didn't vote on the measure. Maybe smart on their part.

In the end, this is CONGRESS that did this, not the President. So, blame CONGRESS and help me replace 33% of them in 2010 and the other 33% in 2012.

Rock the Vote! Vote None of the Above 2010! is my campaign. (My name is JustBroke and I approve of this message.)
                      Hear, hear!

Comment

I prefer to look at each as an individual, noting their voting record. Vote None of the Above blankets all incumbants under one category (never a intelligent strategy- think racism, all men are..., all women are...,all lawyers are..., ect.), and it is just a tad rash and childish.

There are a few good ones in the mix, and I'd like them to stay.

You wouldn't happen to be a Republican? You sound a bit sour.

Think before you vote- don't react impulsively, without researching, before you vote. That's your responsibility as an American and a voter.
                        All posts are opinion only- I am not an attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by sofarsogood2 View Post
                          I prefer to look at each as an individual, noting their voting record. Vote None of the Above blankets all incumbants under one category (never a intelligent strategy- think racism, all men are..., all women are...,all lawyers are..., ect.), and it is just a tad rash and childish.
                          First, I'll say that I'm glad that you actually look at each H.R. or S.B. and look at your particular Congresscritter or Senator's voting on those particular bills and see if it aligns with your particular viewpoint. I commend you because only about 2% of the populace actually does so.

I ask that you actually read my posts and what I instruct people to do. Please don't conclude that I'm for any particular party because I want to change Congress. My posts applaud those that check the voting record of their candidates and actually vote... None of the Above... if their candidate's (incumbent's) record doesn't reflect what you elected them for.

Sorry, this is the way it works. I'm actually a recovering conservative democrat turned independent.

The reason politics is the way it is... it's because people keep voting party, not progress. Your candidate should reflect your particular views and goals and if they don't, you should hold them to it by removing them from office. If we are so disillusioned and give a 16% approval rating of Congress, then why not vote on 66% of them in the next two cycles?

Perhaps your candidate is one of the good guys. I can't tell any of them anymore.

None of the Above, asks people to not vote along party lines, but to look at their candidate and especially incumbent again. Vote as though they are all new to the election and make them earn the vote. You can look at my "political" reasoning in other postings.

This is way beyond any particular party. It's about individuals. Otherwise, it would have read... Vote None of the D's or Vote None of the R's.

Comment

Thanx for the reply- I always have had alot of respect for your opinions and knowledge- I misunderstood your post.

I'm afraid that a "vote for none of the above" might be taken by some as a directive to vote out all incumbants- regardless of whether they have voted in your best interests in the past. Some people get in a rabid frenzy when they are angry, and end up voting against their own best interests.

People need to do their homework- do not trust your local or national news anchor- their opinion is not always in alignment with yours- they have their own bias. The internet has made ignorant voting easily avoidable- yet so many just don't bother to take a little time to be informed.

*sigh*
                            All posts are opinion only- I am not an attorney.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X