Tier 5 unemployment extension legislation not likely for jobless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacko View Post
    I wonder how they can look their parents in the eyes which has probably happened to them.
    you know jacko, i thought the same exact thing. i don't want to wish poorly on anyone, but don't they understand how cruel that was. but really...what did they care. but it was a shot in the heart, that's for certain.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

tobee, I am yelling at the tv when I see them talking about the prince's wedding in London all morning today instead of talking about how they need to pass an unemployment extension by the end of this month. Congress only has this week and the last 2 days of november to do this and the media should be focused like a laser on it.

Instead I see them showing the new interns in congress and talking about how they will find the bathrooms, or Obama traveling around the world or doing ceremonies, or about misc B.S.

I want to see congress, the senate, and the president get up there and shout as loud as they can that 2 million people are about to lose their UI payments and millions more will be piling up each month.

Comment

I'm still working the temp job I started Sept 27 and which should end Dec 15 or so (The contract reads 480 hours). I've kept my UI account active on the advice of the people I talked to there before I took the assignment. Now, today, when I went to apply for my usual benefits - knowing I would get a letter saying I am ineligible for the week (but I won't be for the week after Thanksgiving as I'll only work 3 days) there was a message that stated they have 'knowledge that I have found full-time work'. HUH??? Well, I am still going to submit and see if I get a partial payment for the week after the Thanksgiving week and then just wait and see what happens I guess.

Part of me is thankful that I have not had the time to find a new lawyer (did not like the one I interviewed) as I may need that money just to exist. I guess we'll see what happens after Nov 30. Either way is scary. I am so far behind now and just hanging on, waiiting also to see what happens with the creditors.

Comment

Originally posted by helpme2010 View Post
          tobee, I am yelling at the tv when I see them talking about the prince's wedding in London all morning today instead of talking about how they need to pass an unemployment extension by the end of this month. Congress only has this week and the last 2 days of november to do this and the media should be focused like a laser on it.

Instead I see them showing the new interns in congress and talking about how they will find the bathrooms, or Obama traveling around the world or doing ceremonies, or about misc B.S.

I want to see congress, the senate, and the president get up there and shout as loud as they can that 2 million people are about to lose their UI payments and millions more will be piling up each month.
          helpme...i really wished they cared...so i guess our votes didn't matter either?

there has been absolutely NOTHING in the media about this...just like we should have known...the government controls very thing.....if obama could just give me what he spent with MY tax dollar with HIS travel and her CLOTHES....i'd be set, at least for the next year!!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
            I'm still working the temp job I started Sept 27 and which should end Dec 15 or so (The contract reads 480 hours). I've kept my UI account active on the advice of the people I talked to there before I took the assignment. Now, today, when I went to apply for my usual benefits - knowing I would get a letter saying I am ineligible for the week (but I won't be for the week after Thanksgiving as I'll only work 3 days) there was a message that stated they have 'knowledge that I have found full-time work'. HUH??? Well, I am still going to submit and see if I get a partial payment for the week after the Thanksgiving week and then just wait and see what happens I guess.
            discouraged...you just keep hanging ON! it will work out...i'm sure after the first of the year things will being to fall into place...after you know what's happening with the temp job and all. i am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you..!!

Comment

I'm simply amazed. The voters voted not to extend unemployment benefits to the 99ers. You may get one more check, but once the new GOP led House in the next Congress is seated, don't count on it. Many of the unemployed inadvertently voted against their interest and or stayed home.

Originally posted by helpme2010 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by jacko View Post
                I'm simply amazed. The voters voted not to extend unemployment benefits to the 99ers. You may get one more check, but once the new GOP led House in the next Congress is seated, don't count on it. Many of the unemployed inadvertently voted against their interest and or stayed home.
                yes, and after THAT we will sail into a sea of FLAMES AND FIRE....turing in to ashes and NO one will even know we exist....of course the unemployment numbers will look GREAT...while we are trying to figure out how to feed a family of 4 on nothing...i guess welfare is the NEXT step for many....

what sense does THAT make....WELFARE....let's increase the welfare roles and then the states are going to hit the roof and go to the government for a 'welfare" bale out? please....i'm still hoping there will be a passage of the bill...before the close of the month.
                Last edited by tobee43; 11-17-2010, 05:43 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure it's a GOP thing. The Dems were quakin' in their panties long before the election and a fair few of them suddenly found their "more conservative side" as the midterms unfolded. The message for responsible spending (I'm NOT saying that should or shouldn't include unemployment benefits) came through loud and clear... now we're left with a bunch people scratching at anything they can to save their careers. Same ol' same ol'.

I do agree that seeing the royal engagement all over the TV yesterday was more than annoying. Total waste of airtime. I had NBC nightly news on and they devoted the first 9 minutes of the broadcast to the announcement and then came back to it later. The only good part was when they flashed a pic of Charles at his wedding 30 years ago and I nearly fell off the couch seeing how dang UGLY he was (still is). I mean, is it me? Yikes!!! Uh... anyway... I didn't watch the whole show, but not only did they miss the unemployment thing they also seemed to miss the whole economic meltdown continuing/unfolding in Europe, or the fact that bonds aren't behaving the way the Fed predicted with their big quant-ease money-flinging exercise. Bah. Pretty pathetic stuff. No wonder some of us are crazy.
                  OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Peeps View Post
                    I'm not sure it's a GOP thing. The Dems were quakin' in their panties long before the election and a fair few of them suddenly found their "more conservative side" as the midterms unfolded. The message for responsible spending (I'm NOT saying that should or shouldn't include unemployment benefits) came through loud and clear... now we're left with a bunch people scratching at anything they can to save their careers. Same ol' same ol'.

I do agree that seeing the royal engagement all over the TV yesterday was more than annoying. Total waste of airtime. I had NBC nightly news on and they devoted the first 9 minutes of the broadcast to the announcement and then came back to it later. The only good part was when they flashed a pic of Charles at his wedding 30 years ago and I nearly fell off the couch seeing how dang UGLY he was (still is). I mean, is it me? Yikes!!! Uh... anyway... I didn't watch the whole show, but not only did they miss the unemployment thing they also seemed to miss the whole economic meltdown continuing/unfolding in Europe, or the fact that bonds aren't behaving the way the Fed predicted with their big quant-ease money-flinging exercise. Bah. Pretty pathetic stuff. No wonder some of us are crazy.
                    peeps...good point...and crazy.......me?? NEVER??? totally NUTs...yes, maybe. and i do agree with you with respect to the GOP...there is no ONE person or thing to blame here, it was a series of events that led up to the present, certainly not one lone act.

Comment

lol... no, the crazy referred to ME! Although you're welcome to try for runner-up!!
                      OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Peeps View Post
                        lol... no, the crazy referred to ME! Although you're welcome to try for runner-up!!
                        we...we both are certainly in GREAT company!!

Comment

I gotta crank up my Ozzy Crazy Train song, "alllllllll aboard hahahahahahaah"

I did hear 2 democratic congress people bring up UI extensions and how we need to continue it. One person said democrats should not support tax cut extensions for the wealthy if they don't extend unemployment for the poor. I think this is a great leverage to use to get this to go through.

I understand how people vote out people out of congress to send a message, but make sure you vote in new people that at least sympathize and support our causes. The new people are going to really cut back any help to the poor.

I still think November is a critical time to fix this or even lame duck this legislation during December, otherwise the dems will have to do some serious compromising with the republicans to get this to go through and that means accepting some of their legislation in exchange for some of the dems legislation.

Comment

Now you have a song, "The 99er" written about you. There's a certain irony about all this, as jacko has pointed out.

“When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

This song makes me sad. I guess many politicians will ignore stuff like this until it hits them or their immediate family.

Comment

now i GET it!!!!! since i only listen to classical...mozarts greatest hits...i'm not knowing that song at all...but cool post insert whatmoney

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X