According to CNN and FOX.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to CNN and FOX.......

.....the so-called stimulus package - tax rebates for all of us might die in the Senate because the plan would also give illegal aliens who are paying SS and FIT taxes a rebate.

Originally posted by magyar123 View Post
    .....the so-called stimulus package - tax rebates for all of us might die in the Senate because the plan would also give illegal aliens who are paying SS and FIT taxes a rebate.
    I saw that too. However, I'm pretty sure that in an election year, both the House and the Senate will work very quickly to somehow close that loophole and pass some version of the plan. The economy really stinks. The Fed issued yet another rate cut today.

I also heard that the Senate had a problem with the House plan because it provided nothing at all for senior citizens on Social Security? The scenario is changing by the hour so who knows where they are right now as I type this!

Mr. Bush will not like this, but I'm post-BK and if I get a rebate, I intend to save it, not spend it. And this is exactly what he does NOT want us to do. Not doing this to spite him -- it's just that I know what my priorities are.
    BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

ours is getting tucked into savings as well.

Of course the tax return is going to car repairs, hubby's bonus is going to a new couch, my vacation cash out is going to another bill and a Wii.

So there will still be plenty of spending coming from my house.
      Filed: 10/26/2006
      Discharged: 03/05/2007
      Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

Imagine !

Mr. Bush will not like this, but I'm post-BK and if I get a rebate, I intend to save it, not spend it. And this is exactly what he does NOT want us to do. Not doing this to spite him -- it's just that I know what my priorities are.

I'd love to IMAGINE what the government would do if EVERYONE just hung on to it ! What a LAUGH !

CATCHMEIFYOUCAN
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

That's silly, if those so called illegals pay taxes and qualify they ought to get the rebate. I have never seen the government refuse to take a cheque from an illegal.
          Not all those who wander are lost....

--J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

IF THEY ARE ILLEGALS................... paying taxes?????..... then since we know WHERE THEY ARE...... WHY aren't they being picked up and deported????????

Illegals, huh................. don't think so..............

Green card people, work permit people, etc are a different ballgame.... most of them do pay taxes.....

Is it gonna be "hurry and run across the border, Mr. Bush will send you a check in the mail for free".............??
            Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Most illegals waiting to be picked up by construction men at 7-11 stores to do dirty jobs, get cash paid and go home to send back $$ to South America land, so they don't pay any tax.

IRS require Social Security Numbers for all tax payers. Illegals don't have SSN# to stay & work & pay tax. Their midle man/boss pay them cash only but take out from their payments for their workcomp $$ for other personal benefits or insurance purposes only, and tell them that they have required to be taxed by uncle SAM. Then, the foolest illegals try to make up & told their tax stories to the news paper, then the MOST foolish news people get it publish as left-wing propaganda against government!

hate the news, not the govt.

Comment

I have several friends who are legal residents but not citizens, and they actually pay a higher tax rate than US citizens. My boss was over here on a green card for about 15 years, then got her citizenship about 3 years ago and was shocked at how much her tax liability changed, she had huge refunds compared to in years past.
                Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
                Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

IF THEY ARE ILLEGALS................... paying taxes?????..... then since we know WHERE THEY ARE...... WHY aren't they being picked up and deported????????
                  Because the IRS has NO way of knowing whether the illegal filing a tax return is illegal. And there is NO communication between the IRS and the immigration service, or the social security administration. Simply put the government prefers to collect the taxes of illegals, instead of deporting them and losing the money.
                  And this suits business just fine too, cheap labor, low wages, etc.

IRS require Social Security Numbers for all tax payers. Illegals don't have SSN# to stay & work & pay tax.
                  “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Very informative, thank you for chiming in and let us know. Btw, how come you are long time registered but only post 3 times? Watching us only in the shadow for so long!?... So scary...

Comment

Originally posted by WhatMoney View Post
                      and there are presently no penalities for employing an illegal with a phony or stolen SSN.
                      "

Sure there are. They just aren't enforced.

EP
                      California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Very informative, thank you for chiming in and let us know. Btw, how come you are long time registered but only post 3 times? Watching us only in the shadow for so long!?... So scary...
                        If it's any comfort, I've been reading this forum almost daily since July 2005, when I realized my business of 15 years was headed toward insolvency. I was forced (what money?) to stop paying my unsecured debt in September of 2005. No BK and no judgements yet - in fact I have never even spoken or communicated with a single bank or CA or JDB in this time, and have no reason to start now. It helps to be retired over 65 with absolutley no non-exempt assets or income.
                        “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth View Post

Illegals, huh................. don't think so..............

Green card people, work permit people, etc are a different ballgame.... most of them do pay taxes.....

Is it gonna be "hurry and run across the border, Mr. Bush will send you a check in the mail for free".............??
                          I was thinking the same thing. If we know they are illegal and where they are, why are they still here.

Comment

There are so many people talking about what to do with extra money but I don't think anyone should get excited until it actually passes. I know you'd think that the senate and congress will do what needs to be done but how long will it take them to agree here? maybe too late. I don't mean to be such a downer but I'm not counting on the money until I know for certain that it is passed.
                            Scott McKay
                            FreeOnlineCreditGuide.com

Comment

Originally posted by cbass1017 View Post
                              There are so many people talking about what to do with extra money but I don't think anyone should get excited until it actually passes. I know you'd think that the senate and congress will do what needs to be done but how long will it take them to agree here? maybe too late. I don't mean to be such a downer but I'm not counting on the money until I know for certain that it is passed.
                              In theory, the sooner the rebate gets to the people, the sooner the so-called economic "stimulus" would kick in. And I know we are on the verge of a very, very bad recession.

But I agree with you and am not counting on the money. If it comes, it'll most probably go into my savings account, unless I cave in and splurge on a 37-42 inch flat screen HDTV to replace my only TV, which is 27 inches and 12 years old.

But if it doesn't come, I have lost nothing.
                              BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X