YAY For Us--New Record!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAY For Us--New Record!!!!

Sad, perhaps. New record today for the BK forums. But I think it is a sign of what is coming in many ways, and old-timers here will probably know where my mind is on some of this:

The most members online over 24 hours was 443, Today at 01:40 PM.

I believe we are at the beginning of a major societal and cultural change in the USA. Probably worldwide.

Brave new world, indeed.

Thank you all for the support through the years, and I wish you all the best.

-dmc
    11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
    12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
    3-9-10--Discharged

Originally posted by DeadManCrawling View Post
    Sad, perhaps. New record today for the BK forums. But I think it is a sign of what is coming in many ways
    I think that you'll continue to see that record being broke. It's getting worse out there. I see it every day...
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I read an article today where in 2011 over 1/2 off all mortgages will be in default due to the economy. I think right now 1 in 8 homes in my area are headed for foreclosure. Sad situation. All the job losses have really destroyed families around here.
      And the rich are grabbing and buying up land and homes as they go too auction, for resale in the future.
      I know a lot of my neighbors are really "sweating it" right now.
      Fortunately, I filed in 04 evidently at the exact right time, and then bought my home back when the interest rates were real low. Even managed to keep my credit score from taking a big blow like most do.
      Since my job is pretty secure and retirement is shortly away, I am hoping I will be okay till that time comes around.
      Basically now all I have to worry about is "how bad the medical bills get in the future".
      Time will tell - at least right now I have some relief and can breath financially.
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I wish I had taken a beautiful european vacation last year before i had ever even needed ot think of bankruptcy! Just to screw the banks!

Comment

I agree completely with all of this.

I just started answering the phone, and letting the creditors know that I'll be filing.....virtually every rep I've talked with has been the nicest person (even the guy from the scumbag CA who called my mom and dad before they bothered to call me)....and has told me that I'm definitely not the only one, and that they all wish me luck going forward.

One chick from Citibank even said that she hopes that I'll do business with them again in the future (fat chance, since they blacklist BK filers).

But it is indeed bad out there. And I'm afraid its going to get a lot worse.
          Moving ahead with my fresh start!
          Ch 7 Discharge: 12/14/2009
          TT Report of No Dist! 03/31/2010
          Case CLOSED!!!: 04/28/2010

Comment

Minny,

I saw the same report I think, over 50% default expected.

My family and I found the home we are going to buy today, using exempt funds we have been fortunate enough to save. It is a 1700 sq ft house overlooking a large lake with about half an acre of land out in the county. It is perfect for us to garden on (save money, grow our own), is already somewhat "green" in terms of energy efficiency, and we will increase that as well.

We expect to trade in a 4k sq ft mcmansion ($4000/mo mortgage) with $3k per month in utility and maintenance costs for this inexpensive home 5 minutes away, with a better view. Our estimate so far is we will save about 2k per month by making the move.

Hopefully the BoA will move on with the foreclosure and save us HOA fees as well. If not, well, we still save money by not being in our current house.

Best part is there will be NO MORTGAGE!

No one will ever own us again. (well, except for property tax).

I cannot express how excited I am to finally realize that we lost the race with the Jones's. They can have their monstrous debt, huge SUV's and obscene mcmansions in which they prance about in the finest clothing and jewellery money can buy.

We have something money cannot buy-happiness and peace of mind.

This forum has been exceptionally helpful in helping me "adjust" my view of life to put family first, happiness a close second, and debt somewhere safely out of sight. We all need money, of course, to support ourselves, and I certainly am mindful of that, but you all have helped me correct problems I never even knew I had, with regard to my priorities in life.
            3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

DMC: Great new thread. Hope it becomes a "stickie" here.

It is not a proud day of course, as many out there are hurting. I owed a friend who owns a Flower shop, $57 bucks for a year. As I, she too had the big C and we are both recovering.

My conscience bothered me for this year as her bill stopped coming but we go way back. Her kids played with mine. My youngest now 45.

When I saw her, of course we hugged. I paid her above what I owed and she didn't even remember but I said you earned it in postage.

She told me, xxxx, you know, I used to have five people working for me. I had to turn in my van and I cannot pay but five bucks a month to my two credit cards. I explained the bk forum and what we did. She is a quintessential small business of today.

SO! What has the 'Bammy stimulus done for you? Build a new art gallery for depressed but unemployed artists? Perhaps another bridge to an island that nobody goes to?

This is going to get a lot worse. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Indeed, I agree 'Hub, our worst days lie before us. I hope those of us on the forum who recognize this are taking all the proper steps to assure we get along as well as possible.

I have never been the conspiracy theory type, and am still not, but the signs of collapse are large, written in neon across Wall Street, and in our newspapers every day.

If ever there was an ostrich it is the American public. And if ever there was a sandbox for hiding heads, it is the fervor of a New Day and a heart-warming cry of "Yes We Can". And I voted for Obama. Sadly, this has nothing to do with him, and everything to do with a debt that our fathers and mothers pushed onto us, and that we are pushing onto not only our kids, but our grandchildren.

It may not be the final curtain-call, but financially our nation is well past the intermission.
                3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManCrawling View Post
                  Indeed, I agree 'Hub, our worst days lie before us. I hope those of us on the forum who recognize this are taking all the proper steps to assure we get along as well as possible.

I have never been the conspiracy theory type, and am still not, but the signs of collapse are large, written in neon across Wall Street, and in our newspapers every day.
                  I've always had a little of the conspiracy theory in me, but what's going on now is so obvious. The rich are getting richer, and the poor are bending over and grabbing their ankles. The middle class are becoming the poor and that situation is getting worse.

A friend of mine sent me this link:

Continuously Updated US National Debt Clock Real Time US Debt Clock, Mortgage Calculator, Loan Calculator

Look at some of the numbers. What is happening in our country is not sustainable. We're either going to print our way out of debt, default on the debt, or both. Keep your eyes open, the new "Amero" currency is coming!
                  All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                  Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

If those numbers are accurate, and I have no reason to doubt, then our actual debt per citizen, accounting for private debt, government debt and unfunded government future liability is:

$250,000 or higher, per person alive in our country right now.

This is astounding.
                    3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

New record today. And I think it will only increase. This is either armageddon or enlightenment.

Pick yer poison! )

The most members online over 24 hours was 455, Today at 12:46 AM. 8/24/09
                      3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                        Keep your eyes open, the new "Amero" currency is coming!
                        Did someone say Ameros? I've been printing them in my basement, just in case. LOL
                        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                          Did someone say Ameros? I've been printing them in my basement, just in case. LOL
                          Damn you man! Always ahead of the curve!
                          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

The most members online over 24 hours was 458, Yesterday at 09:50 AM.

Another day, another falling record
                            3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

The most members online over 24 hours was 469, Yesterday at 06:52 PM.

Another day, another record. A mirror of our economy, I supose.
                              3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X