Netflix say's it sorry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix say's it sorry

Netflix say's it sorry the way they handle customers inregard to the breaking up of the services and very large price increase. (to late now)

Wow I know - spouse and I have been with Netflix since IT STARTED!!!!! However, we have ondemand, and my daugther and I have discovered Blockbuster express w/in 1/2 mile of home. $1 buck per day!

Son and I used to stream stuff from Netflix but they haven't anything decent on it...

Spouse is the main netflixer now...I don't want to (although I did) mention that it's a waste of money...which I think now it is. We've been customers as i said from when they OPENED for business! But to keep the peace at home...I'm not going to say another word :-)

Comment

I canceled them 9/1. I'll go back if the price is lowered.
      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

They lost millions of dollars. Sounds like a U.S. company. Poor choices.

Comment

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
          Yep - and sheer greed and taking the customer for granted.

Comment

I've never had Netflix--never been interested. There are stores with redbox within about five miles of me, where you can rent movies for $1.00.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
              I've never had Netflix--never been interested. There are stores with redbox within about five miles of me, where you can rent movies for $1.00.
              The only thing I really liked about Netflix was the instant streaming. I would watch so many documentaries and older movies that wouldn't be available at Redbox or Blockbuster Express.
              "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
                I don't think they ever made any money to begin with. Netflix like facebook and others are part of the dot bomb bubble bust 2.0, but that's only my opinion. We will see eventually if it's true.

I knew this would happen a few weeks ago when I heard they lost the right to stream certain movies.
                The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

I suspended my Netflix account last spring before all this happened. I was getting what I wanted to watch off of hulu.com all summer. I recently suspended that as well since I won't have much time for any of it for a few months. No way I am going to pay double for Netflix... ever... just not worth it. They pretty much lost their value to me with the split in services and doubling the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                    The only thing I really liked about Netflix was the instant streaming. I would watch so many documentaries and older movies that wouldn't be available at Redbox or Blockbuster Express.
                    If you are into documentaries, there is plenty on youtube free. Music, films, nostalgia, much. With youtube to mp3 I have all the old songs I could not purchase. A wonderful resource. 'Hub
                    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                      If you are into documentaries, there is plenty on youtube free. Music, films, nostalgia, much. With youtube to mp3 I have all the old songs I could not purchase. A wonderful resource. 'Hub
                      Oh thanks! I'll have to check it out.

Comment

I hope if anyone here held their stock you sold it when it peaked. A lot of sheep got slaughtered on this one.
                        The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

We used to go to either Blockbuster or Hollywood Video every weekend and thought nothing of paying $2.99 a movie and then getting a box or two of candy. One trip could cost us $20 which we thought was pretty cheap for a weekend of movie watching. Compared to that, Netflix, even if you get both services is cheaper for a whole month of entertainment. I don't think it is the price they are charging as much as the fact that they more than doubled their subscription rate in one fell swoop. If they would of done that over 2-3 years I don't think people would of given it much thought.

I must get to redbox too late because I never find any movie worth watching in there. Is there a trick to it?
                          Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by mountanddo View Post
                            I must get to redbox too late because I never find any movie worth watching in there. Is there a trick to it?
                            Yes there is a trick! Either get the iPhone/Android App and/or register an account on-line (on the web). This will basically allow you to "pre-rent" the movie and pick it up in the red-box within 2 days. Of course, everyday you don't pick it up, they charge you $1 (plus tax). However, the few times that I wanted a movie, I got the movie I wanted. Not only will the apps (or web) tell you what movies are available, they'll let you reserve it and tell you which Redbox has it!
                            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I've gotta admit, I really like Netflix, and feel I get my $'s worth. Streaming only, but damn, stuff costs $, most of us should realize that. I joined a couple of months before the price increase for DVD's, but I didn't get upset with Netflix, just dropped the DVD service, they have to tryand make a profit. I wish them luck.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X