Judge gets charged with fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judge gets charged with fraud

I am following a trial of former mayor of detroit. I am a crime follower. Anyway I ran across this in the newspaper today,

I was shocked to read this Judge would take a chance doing a shortsale on her home. The article says she transferred her home here in florida to her stepdaughter, while she shortsaled her home in Michigan. Then transferred back to her after sale. http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/state/m...ith-bank-fraud
    It says she is also a real estate , so she knew what she was doing. Now they are after her home in Florida. Apparently she shortsaled 600K.
    Last edited by Floridagail; 01-19-2013, 05:39 PM. Reason: add
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Good find! I also love true crime! Thanks for sharing. love these kind especially.

Comment

No one should be nor is above the law. I am glad this was uncovered. This happens a lot more than we will ever read in the paper or see prosecuted.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I cannot understand why power drives people to do the things they do. I wonder what else she has done and covered up, has she took money for reduced sentences? Is this just a one time occasion? I guess it will come out.
        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

I don't think this is a power issue. This happens more than you think! If every bit of fraud was prosecuted, our jails would be cities.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X