Kia/Hyundai Finance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kia/Hyundai Finance

We are looking at buying a new vehicle from Kia. Does anyone have any experience with their financing?

We won't be applying until Feb (so we can use our tax refund as a good size down payment). But we want to be well informed and do our research before going to the dealership.

Sept will be 2 years out of our Ch 7 and our credit has been clean since. (I had my ID stolen & have one collection on acct, but it will be fixed soon & off my reports, before we apply)

We have applied & been approved for 2 auto loans (both around $10k) and both have been paid off, never late etc) We have used credit cards (very wisely, used very little & paid off twice a month) to rebuild our credit up.

Currently our scores average 675 for both hubby and myself. I just pulled hubby's from Smart Credit to include his "auto score" and it comes up as a 607, way below our "normal" scores (haven't pulled mine yet). I'm confused by this.

Of course the dealership I test drove at swears we can get great financing (HA!) but I thought I would see if anyone has real world experience with them

Does anyone have any ideas what we can expect? We are looking at the 2011 Sorento.

Thanks!
    Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
    Livin' the GOOD life

on't be too concerned about the "Auto-score". That's a so-called "Fako" (Fake-score - the true Auto-Fico is only available to the dealers).
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I don't know if you bk'ed on Capital One or not, but they just approved me for 24k at 4.42% and I am just about 10 months post discharge. I am not sure I am going to use the loan, but I was surprised at how reasonable the rate was considering I am not even one year post discharge yet.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Just our luck, yes we did include a Capital One CC in our bk.
        Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
        Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

Originally posted by nomoneynomore View Post
          Just our luck, yes we did include a Capital One CC in our bk.
          I would still give them a try since its been awhile since your discharge. They have approved other people on this board that bk'ed them. (I did not bk them) You can apply online on their website. I got a decision in less than a minute.
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I would still give capital one a try. I bk'd them, a personal loan for about 5k and they refinanced my car about a year and a half out of bk.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X