Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke and then Broke Again

Hello All,

I was on here often when I initially filed Chapter 7 back in 2010 and got discharged in February 2011.

Lots has happened since then that has kept me away from the boards. I was sucked into a corporate project at work that took it's toll on me physically, and I went out on medical leave late October 2011. My job then fired me while on FMLA in December 2011 with no severance, as they made up a cockamanny excuse to show cause.

From December to April, I exhausted any money I had in reserve. 401k, tax return, etc., all spent to keep my house going. April, I finally filed for and received unemployment, after applying for over 100 jobs and only receiving a couple of nibbles. I have finally got to the step of drug screen/credit screen for a contractor position. However, I'm biting my nails that my credit is once again in the s**ter. In February 2012, it was 652, but I'm once again late on my mortgage, utilities, etc., so I expect I have maybe dropped 100 points. Hope not, though. My other half has just been diagnosed with epilepsy, and we have to work to figure out to get him to help to contribute to the household.

I should change my name to EvenMoreBrokeinMD, and may do that. LOL I am still glad that I filed. Now that I have, my bank is more willing to work with me so I can stay at my house. I've never utilized a food bank in my life, but have donated often. Now I know how it feels on the other end. The past couple of years have been very humbling.

I have not been on here, but I have been with you all in spirit, and I hope that everyone that is going through the initial realization of not being able to handle their debt is sleeping a little better at night from reading these posts. I know these boards helped me and continue to help me now.

A year and a half later, even though I'm once again facing adversity, I'm not as bonkers as I was when I filed BK. All kinds of people have come out to help me. Strangers have helped me more than family. That's the way it is sometimes. Use the resources available to you.

That's all for now. I am going to work on checking back in here more often. I wish you all well!
    Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Hi and welcome back. I wish things were better for you now, but I think they will get better for you soon.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks, Cat, and Thank You for the reply! From your lips to God's ears....
      Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Nice story thanks.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X