No announcement yet.

Accident/Totalled...Wait to get check or open a new loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the insurance company is writing the check to the Capital one to pay off the balance and then the remaining will be going to me woo hoo. can't wait to get it. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post

You are lucky. most people do not come out so great in a totaled wreck
      Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt. TWICE.

First time was during the first big fuel crisis back in the 70's. I had a little bump your butt car that wasn't worth anything til the price of gas shot up. All the sudden, the value increased.

When it got totalled, I had to fight with the insurance company to get the full, current FMV. They were working off the published values in the "books". I pulled ads from the paper showing how much my car was actually trading for.

2nd time, my car was in mint condition. Had to get statements from our mechanic to show all maintenance. Receipts for the brand new tires that had just been put on. Etc.

Insurance companies will fight you tooth and nail over a few hundred bucks.

Congrats, Crazy. Glad it went well for you.
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

i could have fought more but thought the price they are giving me was very fair so i didn't want to fight with them over a new windshield that i recently replaced which was 300 dollars. To tell you the truth, I didn't have to fight at all. The first offer was pretty good but i told them that I wanted to see the reports of the cars that are close by within 30 miles. Trust me, there aren't that many around 30 miles, even 200 miles away. The next time he called, it didn't change much and after considering everything aside, I accepted the deal. I think I did okay.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X