Will need to refinance my car within a few months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will need to refinance my car within a few months

I have just been given notice that my job is going to be outsourced as of June-July. (yeah me!) My BK is going to discharge any.day.now. I have a loan thru 722 Redemption/US Bank that is carrying an ungodly amount of interest. I've made 4 on time payments, all for more than the payment amount. I figure I'll have at least 2 more before I need to push a re-fi while I still have verifiable income.

I BK'd 2 car loans, a mortgage (all with late payments, thanks to my ex husband/joint borrower), CC's (only one with a serious deliquency, most paid on time until filing), and medical bills.

My scores are TU-626, EX-503 (many reporting errors), EQ-595. Obviously, I want a place that looks at TU, lol. I'm not a whole lot upside down in my car, probably less than $1000, since I bought it wholesale. I would be able to make my payment if I was on unemployment, however I don't want to, ya know? If I could lower it, I'd feel better.

So who would be a good finance company to contact about a re-fi? Obviously, I don't want to get a lot of hard inquiries trying to find a BK friendly lender.
    LifeNLemons In Nevada and Broke
    Filed Pro Se: 12.03.07 341 Meeting: 01.10.08 Last Day for Objections: 3.11.08
    Switched back to No Asset - Here we go!! Discharged: 3.12.08

Let's back up, you are about to lose your job, so your income is going to drop.

What is your "current" car payment
    What car payment do you think you can afford with no job?

I suppose anything is possible, it is really hard to "refi" vehicles with your current credit condition when there is NO equity in the car, and even if you could, I doubt the interest rate saving would significantly lower you payment to make a difference. For example, $15,000, 48 months, 28% is $522.78....
    $15,000, 48 months, 22%, is $472.59 per month.
    (a gross savings of $50 per month).

If your BK is still open and not discharged, I would probably cancel the 722 redemption loan, surrender the car, or sell it, and go buy a car. You will more than likely get a better deal buying a car than trying to refi out of your 722.

Comment

This was a new car purchase(not a refi of my old car) that I got thru 722 Redemption/US Bank, after I filed BK. I don't think I can just "give it back".

Like I said, I can afford the current payment, even with the loss of income. However, I'd like to afford a little lower payment. ;) Even a gross savings of $50 a month. That's $50 more a month in food for the kids.
      LifeNLemons In Nevada and Broke
      Filed Pro Se: 12.03.07 341 Meeting: 01.10.08 Last Day for Objections: 3.11.08
      Switched back to No Asset - Here we go!! Discharged: 3.12.08

Comment

I bought a Hyundai Sonata a month before I filed. I was paying $350 a month at 10 1/2%. Close to discharge I traded it in at the dealer and upgraded to the same car for a V6 but my payment jumped at $550 a month (14 1/2% 72 month loan) through HSBC. Capital one offered a re-fi at 12 1/2% 72 month loan for $50 bucks less. So I went with it. It just takes some inquiries to get close to reasonable after coming from BK. I'm surprise you haven't gotten any hits in the mail. Check out www.mycccu.com they are BK friendly but they only offer 60 months. So I have to wait to get my loan down a bit.

Best to you, Catchmeifyoucan
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X