Planning to buy a new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning to buy a new car

Our ch 7 was just discharged. I have a car that I pay $592 a month on and it gets 16 mpg. I did NOT reaffirm it.

I'm going back to school in January and I need a small car that will get around 30 mpg and reduce my note by around $200 a month.

What do I need to do between now and then to help our credit look better? We did reaffirm our house and we always pay it on time but that is the only thing positive on our credit report.

Thanks!
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

I don't know, but I'd be looking at a Hyundai Accent. Good gas mileage, good warranty, and if you shop smart you should be able to get into one under
    $10K.
    Go to carbuyingtips.com and read every chapter of that website, then follow their instructions for new car buying. It takes a little time and effort, but you can save a lot of money and a lot of driving around from dealer to dealer. You can do all of your car shopping with your mouse to get your best deal and get dealers competing for your business. I just bought one this way and got my car below invoice at a price that some dealers said there was no way they could sell me the car at that price.
    Filed Ch. 13 w/lien strip- 2/5/09
    Converted to Ch. 7- 2/26/09
    341- 4/8/09
    Trustee's Report of No Distribution filed-4/14/09 ; DISCHARGED and CLOSED!!!-6/10/09

Comment

Originally posted by UpsideDown View Post
      I don't know, but I'd be looking at a Hyundai Accent. Good gas mileage, good warranty, and if you shop smart you should be able to get into one under
      $10K.
      I second the vote on the Accent. They have a $1500 rebate on that car now.

As seen on: http://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/accen...merreview.html

Originally posted by mamitchell
      I purchased my Accent primarily for daily commute duties. I have put about 1000 miles on car so far and it has been a pleasure to drive. The soft suspension provides a comfortable ride. Wind, suspension and engine noise are well controlled. The 1.6L engine and automatic transmission provide adequate power for my needs. The interior is roomy for the car size and looks nice for an economy car. Gas mileage is ~26 mpg with only in town driving and 40+ mpg with pure freeway driving.
      Originally posted by Vinayak
      Could not be more happier buying this car. Its very sturdy and holds very well on freeway about 70-80mph. Drives very well within city too. get about 28mpg within city and 30-32 mpg on highway (mostly because of no cruise control). Excellent second car to have. Very spacious too, can easily fit 4 people.
      Originally posted by tusker
      I have been looking at small cars for a year and ended up with the accent. I went from a Yukon to this and love it. The front is just as roomy as my Yukon was and it is a lot more fun to drive. The mpg is fantastic and it looks good too. Going up steep hills can take some patients but it is a small 4 banger so what do you expect? for the money, it is a great buy and Hyundai is what Toyota used to be. You cant go wrong. Not a lot of extra features, but I knew that going into it. It is even easy to drive on the interstate with it. I have not owned it that long, but I like it more and more every day.
      My wife really hates Hyundai's since her 2nd car was a used Hyundai that left her stranded 3 times, but that was a 7 year old car when we got it and the previous owners didn't take care of it. This will be brand new with a 100,000 mile warranty. If I don't get a smart car, this car will be at the top of my list. The Toyota Yaris is about $16,000 and change vs. the $12,500 I can get an Accent for.

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
        I second the vote on the Accent. They have a $1500 rebate on that car now.

As seen on: http://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/accen...merreview.html

My wife really hates Hyundai's since her 2nd car was a used Hyundai that left her stranded 3 times, but that was a 7 year old car when we got it and the previous owners didn't take care of it. This will be brand new with a 100,000 mile warranty. If I don't get a smart car, this car will be at the top of my list. The Toyota Yaris is about $16,000 and change vs. the $12,500 I can get an Accent for.
        My 2006 Nissan Sentra's car payment is about $200 per month. It is a very, very good car and has excellent gas mileage. I got it during a $1500 rebate program which made the used and new Sentra's similarly priced.

Comment

You can get a post BK loan....I did - just be persistent and make sure you are willing to put in at least 25% of your own money. I pick up my new car this week!
          Filed 5/26/2009
          341 6/26/2009

DISCHARGED 9/2/2009 (Happy Birthday!)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X