No announcement yet.

Credit Union Auto Loan after BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the advice... and well they kinda forced me to join that one cause that's the only one I can get into in my area! I did a lot of research before hand but I did not ask specifically about getting a loan with the bankruptcy. I just assumed after being a loyal customer for a while I would look into it.
    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

We just joined a new CU a couple of weeks ago. We've moved all our banking there. I have yet to ask them if they are BK friendly but I know the CEO their personally and I know that she herself filed BK before she ever went to work for them so I'm figuring BK probably isn't a huge issue with them.
      4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
      5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
      7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
      7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Was discharged from chapt.13 dec 08. Purchased car thru chase bank at 14.75% apr 09. Tried to finance 9 months later. I am a member of 2 credit unions. Navy federal and Cpm federal. Tried to refi thru navy federal and was denied. (i have myfico scorewatch and equifax 3-1 but no alerts about an inquiry was reported). I then tried my local credit union(cpm) and 2 hours after speaking with them i received alerts from both myfico and equifax 3-1. To make a long story short...NFCU never pulled my credit file and denied me.....guess because i told them about the bankruptcy. Cpm approved me 2 days later and at 4.25% !!!

Comment

What's CPM? I have a friend who works at Navy Federal and I was hoping to get an account there through her...but if they aren't bankruptcy friendly then I don't wanna do it.
          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
          Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
            What's CPM? I have a friend who works at Navy Federal and I was hoping to get an account there through her...but if they aren't bankruptcy friendly then I don't wanna do it.
            navy fed is BK-friend as long as you didn't discharge them like i did.... biggest mistake ever. Also they are the worst collection callers ever so if you are even a day late expect a call from them, but aside from that great rates and great amounts to be loaned to you.
            chap 7 filed 7/2009, discharged 12/2009
            TU-491 EX-511 Nov 2009
            TU-591 EX-584 Feb 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X