Buy Here/Pay here BMW Dealerships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy Here/Pay here BMW Dealerships

I have been looking for a pre-owned BMW on autotrader.com. I have come across several cars sold at different BMW dealerships in my state/nationwide. Alot of the BMW dealerships say they're a "Buy Here/Pay here" dealership. Has anyone used this program or have any additional info about whether this would be a good idea?

I called a local BMW dealer and spoke with their finance dept, the finance manager really did not give me a straight forward answer. Obviously they are first going to try to get you approved thru one of their banks but if you can't get approved because of your credit or whatever, is that when that would arrange for you to make payments directly with them? That doesn't really make sense especially coming from a BMW dealership. Based on my experience, most BMW dealership salesmen/employees seem stuck up and they will run away from you if you mention you have bad credit.
    Discharged 6/23/08

Just to add to the above, its funny I recall back before my BK when I had excellent credit, I went to a BMW dealership, at first they seemed a little reluctant to help me out or show me the vehicles I was interested in. As soon as they ran my credit and saw my excellent credit that I had at the time, I recall the excitement of the salesmen trying to convince me to buy the car I was looking at. "Come on man let's get this done!" Thats when I turned around and left.... I ended up buying my X5 4.8is from another BMW dealership - only to lose it 6 months later in my BK
    Discharged 6/23/08

Comment

At least here in CA- they don't do "buy here, pay here" at BMW dealers.. The ones i have gone to are very snobby too.. If they run your credit and it's excellent, and you have great income then they'll be nice to you. But if you don't walk in with a suit or super expensive clothes- they don't seem to care..

Are you sure the places on autotrader are authorized BMW dealers? Doesn't really sound like a BMW place to me...

Originally posted by carbk View Post
      I have been looking for a pre-owned BMW on autotrader.com. I have come across several cars sold at different BMW dealerships in my state/nationwide. Alot of the BMW dealerships say they're a "Buy Here/Pay here" dealership. Has anyone used this program or have any additional info about whether this would be a good idea?

I called a local BMW dealer and spoke with their finance dept, the finance manager really did not give me a straight forward answer. Obviously they are first going to try to get you approved thru one of their banks but if you can't get approved because of your credit or whatever, is that when that would arrange for you to make payments directly with them? That doesn't really make sense especially coming from a BMW dealership. Based on my experience, most BMW dealership salesmen/employees seem stuck up and they will run away from you if you mention you have bad credit.
      Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
      341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
      Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
      Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X