X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying out non-reaffirmed lease

Hi,

I got discharged in November.

I did not reaffirmed the car lease (or I thought I did but my aatorney screwed up), so it is NOT reaffirmed.

So my lease is up next October and I would like to keep this car and buy out the lease.

The Question is will they let me buy out the car if lease is not reaffirmed ? Will the price be the price from the lease aggrement ? Or because lease aggrement is not reaffirmed they can name whatever price ?

I searched all over for answers, any advice is appreciated.
    thanks

I think it will be treated just like buying a similar car off the lot. You will probably have to deal with them for a fair price. Sometimes you are better off to turn in the leased car and buy something else - you may get a better deal. This is true with or without bk. Look at it as it being one more car on their lot they have to sell. I would think it would be in their best interest to work with you. Knowing that you are free from the lease and you are a serious buyer - they would be stupid not to try to work with you. It is a sale they can get or you can move on to one of their competitors. In a sense, I think you have the upper hand in this situation. Do your research on the value and what similar cars are selling for in your area. Good luck to you. Keep us posted on how it all works out.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X