Cap One Blank check program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap One Blank check program

What are they going by when they approve people?
    Is it a crap shoot?

Newly discharged, tried them & was turned down.

Where else can I try?

Have you tried a local credit union, small bank or Chase? If you bk Chase - you will most likely be denied.

Comment

Only bank that was in BK was citi financial.

As far as credit unions go, don't you have to be a member for a long period of time?

I had a loan with Wells Fargo yrs ago on my car that was paid in full, how are they with BK discharge?

Comment

I was approved for a loan with one of our local credit unions a couple days after discharge. I had never done business with them in the past. However, there have been others on here that have been advised it would be a year or two before they would finance or refinance for them. I think it is the luck of draw, credit score, employment history, etc. It doesn't hurt to call. I discussed my issue with the loan officer before applying for the loan. Wells Fargo is probably going to be a no. I don't think they are bk friendly.

Comment

If you don't mind m asking, was you credit good before you filed or just average? And is your salary over 40k yearly?

Comment

I don't mind. My score before filing was 622 (sad as it was once really close to 800) and when I applied for the loan it was 653. So the bk increased my credit score. Yes, my income is around the $50,000 range.

Comment

Did that CU pull your credit report & was all your info already updated Included In Bankruptcy?

Just checked mine and a week after I don't see IIB anywhere?

Comment

To be honest, I haven't even pulled my report yet. I have been pre-occupied with work related items and wrapping some loose ends with our bk. I am going to guess most of the creditors have reported since my score went up.

Comment

I see...

Thank you for your responses.

Comment

You need to make sure your credit report is accurate first. Then I'd try talking to a local dealership. We were approved through Cap One blank check and denied through Chase. Then we talked to a dealer who resubmitted our application to Chase and Cap One. He got us a lower rate with Cap One and got us approved through Chase at an even lower rate than Cap One.
                    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X