ford motor credit in mi after bk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ford motor credit in mi after bk

I had my 341 meeting april 1 2010. My bk should be discharged 6/1/10. Has anyone dealt with ford motor credit to get a used vehicle. Are they bk friendly?
    Filed Chapter 7 2-28-10
    341 meeting 4-1-10
    Discharged 6-2-10

I have heard positive things about Ford being bk friendly but you might be cutting it a little close with your discharge date - Im sure they'd like to see some time between your discharge and the time you apply for credit.

Again, Ive only 'heard' things... namely on this site about Ford Credit. I havent personally experienced it.
    Retained bk7 laywer 8-12-08, Filed 12-22, 341 Meeting Scheduled 1-29-09
    Discharged 4-17-09!!!
    Reason for filing: Medical, NOT irresponsibility with credit.
    "Sometimes you have to fall before you fly"

Comment

I'm really in a jam now...my car just committed suicide. Don't know what I'm gonna do without it. I didn't want to incur new debt this early. :-(
      Filed Chapter 7 2-28-10
      341 meeting 4-1-10
      Discharged 6-2-10

Comment

I got a 2010 Ford Edge at a ford dealership days after my discharge and didn't have any problems at all. I got zero down at 17.9% for 72 months. However, my credit was free from any blemishes or repos.... aside from the bankruptcy of course ... lol.
        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Thx amy, what was ur credit score after bk. I have an appt 2 meet with them sat. I hope I can get a good deal like that. My bk isn't d/c until 6/1 but my car died and I'm totally stuck. <sigh>
          Filed Chapter 7 2-28-10
          341 meeting 4-1-10
          Discharged 6-2-10

Comment

My scores are in my sig
            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.

Comment

...just noticed after I posted! :-)
              Filed Chapter 7 2-28-10
              341 meeting 4-1-10
              Discharged 6-2-10

Comment

I got approved at the ford dealership 3 days after discharge. Ill update later what my apr and monthly payment is. So far I can get a 2009 fusion with 2000 down.
                Filed Chapter 7 2-28-10
                341 meeting 4-1-10
                Discharged 6-2-10

Comment

Originally posted by tiiger View Post
                  I got approved at the ford dealership 3 days after discharge. Ill update later what my apr and monthly payment is. So far I can get a 2009 fusion with 2000 down.
                  Yes please post those details,very curious.

I had my 341 meeting a couple weeks ago, and out of curiosity, applied for a car loan at carmax and a local dealer.
                  Carmax told me to wait until discharge and a limit of about 13k, whereas the local dealer approved me for 20k, at 9.9 for a new car, and 16 for a used one right now.

I'd rather have a Ford, like a Fusion or something, or Honda instead of what these other places had,even if I have to wait until discharge.

Also don't want to sign up for something if I can get a better deal/car somewhere else obviously.

Comment

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    08 fusion
                    $392 a month
                    Santander bank
                    24.99%
                    Yeah its a lil high but this is 10 days post bk and I plan on refinancing in a year.
                    Transunion 510
                    Equifax 537
                    Experian 593
                    Filed Chapter 7 2-28-10
                    341 meeting 4-1-10
                    Discharged 6-2-10

Comment

Finally got a car!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      08 fusion baby blue :-)
                      $392 a month
                      Santander bank
                      24.99%
                      Yeah its a lil high but this is 10 days post bk and I plan on refinancing in a year.
                      Transunion 510
                      Equifax 537
                      Experian 593
                      Filed Chapter 7 2-28-10
                      341 meeting 4-1-10
                      Discharged 6-2-10

Comment

Grats I was able to refi after about 7 months... so if you keep up on your credit pretty well you might be able to refi sooner than a year.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X