Bought a car....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a car....

So my husband and I bought a car this week. We went and looked at a used car that I liked. I told the salesman straight up that we discharged in 11/09 and that I didn't know our scores.

Hubby was 630 and I'm 660. We were low 500's right after our discharge.

We had them run the loan through the credit union. We got a 72 month loan for 12,500 at 6.7%, no money down, no trade in. What's interesting is our credit union we filed bankruptcy on is the same one who gave us the car loan.

There is hope

Congrats on your new car purchase
    Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
    Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Originally posted by johnecat View Post
      So my husband and I bought a car this week. We went and looked at a used car that I liked. I told the salesman straight up that we discharged in 11/09 and that I didn't know our scores.

Hubby was 630 and I'm 660. We were low 500's right after our discharge.

We had them run the loan through the credit union. We got a 72 month loan for 12,500 at 6.7%, no money down, no trade in. What's interesting is our credit union we filed bankruptcy on is the same one who gave us the car loan.

There is hope
      Congrats! 6.7% after less than a year is quite good, IMO.
      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

What year and what kind of car did you get?

Comment

Congrats!!!
          "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

I am sure that you two are very excited with your car.
            Car Shipping Rates

Comment

That's great. I am going tomorrow to look at cars. My present credit score is a 622, which compared to what it was just 3 months ago is amazing to me. I was hovering right around 500. Surely to goodness there is a bank out there who will finance us now. My husband has been on his job for 16 months now, and was on his prior job for over 2 yrs before he was laid off due to the economy. So there is job stability there. Weird thing is that back in 2001 when I had no credit other than a providian visa, Ford credit approved me on a brand new cougar with a 504. It put me in a high risk tier, but none the less a major lender approved me.
              Chapter 7 filed 2/26/2010
              341 meeting 4/18/2010
              Discharged 6/14/2010-On our way back up the ladder from a rough patch.
              FICO score goal by June 2011:720+

Comment

Originally posted by pris72 View Post
                That's great. I am going tomorrow to look at cars. My present credit score is a 622, which compared to what it was just 3 months ago is amazing to me. I was hovering right around 500. Surely to goodness there is a bank out there who will finance us now. My husband has been on his job for 16 months now, and was on his prior job for over 2 yrs before he was laid off due to the economy. So there is job stability there. Weird thing is that back in 2001 when I had no credit other than a providian visa, Ford credit approved me on a brand new cougar with a 504. It put me in a high risk tier, but none the less a major lender approved me.

I also need to mention the 622 is through equifax. I only paid to pull up my score with them, since they seem to be the main reporting agency that most places look at. My husband has credit monitoring through our bank, but I do not so I wanted to see what my score is now 3 months post discharge.
                Chapter 7 filed 2/26/2010
                341 meeting 4/18/2010
                Discharged 6/14/2010-On our way back up the ladder from a rough patch.
                FICO score goal by June 2011:720+

Comment

We bought a 2006 kia sorento with only 40,000 miles on it. We wanted something with low miles on it. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, we've been having trouble with the new forum and logging in.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X