top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What comes first, the dealership or the financing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
    :d:d i have to agree with you pandora that the only "self appointed expert" on this board seems to be bubbajoe. With 17 posts to his name, all of them containing questionable advice, misinformation and insults to other members of the forum, bubbajoe is not an expert, self appointed or otherwise in my opinion.

i think we should chip in for charm school for him with the money we all save from financing our cars with pre-approved online offers.
    LOL! we are soooo not worthy of such greatness on the forum maybe he should return his Flava Flav clock and viking cap.

(sorry..couldnt resist)

Comment

Originally posted by empowered View Post
      I'm a few weeks from discharge and have been thinking of getting a used vehicle with AWD to get me through the winter. I am hoping to pay no more than $6,000 to $8,000 to do so, hopefully with a down-payment that does not exceed $1000. Obviously, to get what I want, used, at the right price, I'll have to consider different dealerships that have taken in the vehicle that I want.

So what happens then? Do I have to try through each dealership for financing with their lending partners? Is that how it works? Or do I contact some subprime vehicle lender beforehand so that my credit isn't pulled again and again? Can any lender I independently contact deliver the funds to the dealer who has the right car?

I do need this vehicle if I can get it. I have read posts on the forum advising people to wait for months or years before going for any kind of auto loan but I don't have a lot of choice. If I don't get it I suppose I'll have to buy some beater off of Craig's List and hope it does not immediately break down.

Thanks.
      Hi there - In the past 9 years, I've had three cars. One paid outright with cash, one financed and one leased. Although I'm not expert at car buying, I can say that my experience with financing was that it felt good to walk into a dealership knowing that I had an approval in hand. I must admit to having a bit of dealership anxiety when walking in, and knowing that you are already financed can help to quell that. Also, you want to keep the ball in your court for as long as you possibly can. It's possible that the dealer may be able to get you a better deal, but knowing what you're up against and your numbers before you walk in will put you in a strong position.

My credit union financed me back in '06, so if you're a member, start with them.
      Filed Pro Se Ch. 7 on 7/7/10 341 Meeting 8/19/10
      Last Day for Objections 10/18/10 Discharged to a Fresh New Start 11/1/10

Comment

This thread has gotten off track. BubbaJoeBob has been banned.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X