top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got denied with my Credit Union.. what now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
    You guys simply amazed me at how much you're willing to spend on a car...and get a loan fresh out of bk to pay for it.
    there are ones of us in Chap 13 that need a reliable vehicle to get us through the 60 months of life with no extras....
    there are ones of us just getting out of a 13 a have spent 5 years in a junker to get through the no life hell....
    there are ones of us who had an accident and must get a car .. or drive over 110 miles each and every day to the office and need a reliable form of transportation...

whatever our reasons... no one should not be judging .... people are here to ask for advise and not to be chastised!

I am sorry if I am over stepping the mark ... but comments like this are not needed..
    Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

Agreed enginegirl!

There are also those of us who only drive 15 miles to work, however, do not live near public transportation, or public transportation does not go near our work.

Though, I agree that it wouldn't be wise to go get a $60k car loan fresh out of bk, but $14k?? I don't see that as that expensive.
      I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
      Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

I know it comes off as judgemental but it's hard to be on this forum and try to help people when there are some that just didn't seem to learn anything from this. I for one would love to know how you come out of BK with $8,000 to put down on a car. Some of you must have had morons for trustees. But then, to top it off instead of just buying an $8,000 car which is plenty enough to find an extremely reliable car you use that as an excuse to go get right back into debt. It's not about judging as it is about not wanting to see people make the same mistakes again. It's like people can't stand to be debt free, it's like how fast can a get a credit card back and a car loan to drive a car that I probably can't afford.

Note: This is not meant to be a shot towards you enginegirl......just using your case as an example.
        New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
          I know it comes off as judgemental but it's hard to be on this forum and try to help people when there are some that just didn't seem to learn anything from this. I for one would love to know how you come out of BK with $8,000 to put down on a car. Some of you must have had morons for trustees. But then, to top it off instead of just buying an $8,000 car which is plenty enough to find an extremely reliable car you use that as an excuse to go get right back into debt. It's not about judging as it is about not wanting to see people make the same mistakes again. It's like people can't stand to be debt free, it's like how fast can a get a credit card back and a car loan to drive a car that I probably can't afford.

Note: This is not meant to be a shot towards you enginegirl......just using your case as an example.
          I am 4 months in to a 60 month chapter 13... I needed to have a reliable form of transportation (including maintenance and tires etc.) to get me and from my place of work which is 55 miles from home.. My trustee is taking every single penny of my DMI and raises and bonuses and tax refunds... I simply can not afford any surprises....
          fyi.... for people coming out of a 13 they may have an extra $600-1200 a month for the first time in over 5 years! so a car with a 300-400 payment to rebuild your credit is not a bad thing....
          Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

That $8k was put down before enginegirl went into bk.

I think assuming that people are automatically buying beyond their means is wrong. Just because a person is getting a car loan and/or a credit card does not mean they are going to make the same mistakes again. Sure, people will do that, and for those people, well there really is nothing you can say that will help them. Some people just don't learn.

That is also making the assumption that everyone went into debt by being irresponsible consumers.

There is a way to give advice without being judgmental. Also, don't take other people's personal actions personally. If people want to be stupid, I say let them. I volunteer in an Emergency Department at a very large hospital. You wouldn't believe the repeat offenders we have. No matter how many times they are told, they just don't get it. Can't fix stupid.

Personally, I only plan on getting a $200 a month used car loan. And because of the fuel efficiency, I will actually be savings $100 a month compared to what I spend now. I don't think that's irresponsible.
            Last edited by dumpinmydebt; 11-20-2010, 12:38 PM.
            I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
            Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post

I would love to be debt free. Care to tell me how I could have gotten a reliable car for under $3K in a market that had none? I put on 340-360 miles a week between the commute to work and getting the kids to all of their activities.

Because if I had found one, I would be debt free. As it is, I have a car loan that will help me rebuild my credit that will be paid off one year later than the car loan (which was discharged in BK) on the car that got totaled when someone else thought it would be a good idea to rear end me.

Because I looked. And there were none to be found.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X