Any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas?

Is there a way to get financing for a used car through an individual or a small dealership that does not do financing? I'm looking for a place that will give me a check on a not-so-new used car.

I found a car I like but Capitol One says they don't finance anything older than 2003. This is a late '90s and for less than 5,000.

I thought of trying to get another dealership to buy the car and sell it to me but it looks like it will be difficult to get another dealership to jump through so many hoops since I not only need the car, but need a willing lender.

Thanks.
    11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
    02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
    08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
    09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

A late nineties car is too old a car for most, if not all, auto finance places to finance. You would have to go to a self financing "buy here finance here" type of place and they will charge you a very unfavorable rate.

It is unlikely that a car that old would survive the finance term.

I would go with a newer car
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Any other ideas?

I'm not willing to take on the level of debt that most newer cars demand. But in addition to debt level, I'm unwilling to buy most newer cars because the changes in technology have made for quite expensive repairs. Doesn't seem worth it to me. There are certain makes of older cars that survive for a long, long time and are actually sought after, though perhaps not by lenders.

So if anyone has any other ideas, please do write. If the dealer could finance the car I'd do it. I'd rather pay some extra interest now than pay more for a new car that will be more expensive to maintain.

Maybe I'll see if it would be possible to finance it if I did it through eBay, though that probably has complications of its own.

Thanks.
      09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

Your best bet for a car will be the "buy here / pay here" type of used car dealerships.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

By "extra interest" I am talking abourt 20-22% interest. That is what a buy-here/finance here place is going to charge you to finance a car that old. That extra interest is going to cost you way more than the extra maintenance and repairs would cost on a newer car.
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Thanks frogger. I'll look into that and see if I can stomach the terms. I need to resolve this situation.
            09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X