When/who to refinance car loan with.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When/who to refinance car loan with.

I have a car loan with Capital One that I did back in June. I am looking to refinance to see if I can get a lower interest rate. Any suggestions as to when I should try it, and a lender that refinances that offers decent rates? I was looking at Lending Tree but I am not sure of their history.

Originally posted by adviceplease View Post
    I have a car loan with Capital One that I did back in June. I am looking to refinance to see if I can get a lower interest rate. Any suggestions as to when I should try it, and a lender that refinances that offers decent rates? I was looking at Lending Tree but I am not sure of their history.
    You can go with lendingtree. Keep in mind that they are not a lender and are only referring you to others. It's a good opportunity to check out several different offers by applying through them.
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Is there a certain time to wait until applying? It has been 6 months with CO.

Comment

Originally posted by adviceplease View Post
        Is there a certain time to wait until applying? It has been 6 months with CO.
        Well, there is no timeline "carved in stone". If you already started to rebuild your credit, the longer after discharge, the better your options. I ASSUME you might have better options once you reach your next BK-filing anniversary. That's when your score goes up IF you rebuilt your credit responsibly.
        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X