Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad dealer... but anyway I have some questions! help me out people :D

Haha ok...
    Well we had a plan to stay a 1 car family for a bit and save and buy one. Well I just got a new job thats gonna require me to travel quite a bit more and I dont want to strand my wife and daughter with no vehicle...

So we went to a local dealership that has a big sale atm, said they were offering 7000 over KBB value on trade ins. We still have our 2010 elantra even though we did not reaffirm and it is post discharge now. I thought hey we could trade that in, we owe 13400 on it still and it books for about 10,000 so should be awesome... no haha.

I called and talked to them beforehand to ask if it was even possible or legal they acted like yea no big deal.
    Well my wife went there after I got off work to meet me there, and I showed up they already had my wife in a room alone with the 'manager' tellin her what we should REALLY do... hah right.

Ok they said forget the car, let it go back, which I figured anyway, and buy a used car from them @ 21.9% interest because thats the only thing ANYONE is going to give us for probably at least 2 years... right... and financed through CPS auto financing which I looked up BBB.org having a grade of F...

I at least entertain the idea and let them show me what they had to offer. They had about 4 cars, a 09 focus with about 45k for 15,000, a '11 Nissan Versa which was actually pretty nice and only 750 miles on it and they considered it used but they wanted 16,500 for it... about 3-4,000 over book value for it being stock and a manual. Then a '09 toyota corolla about same as the focus cept higher mileage and amazingly trashed and dirty on the inside as if someone at the dealership uses it as a daily driver...

They were pressuring me like crazy to deal and I told them we had to do some reviews over which car we wanted most because they were 'such great deals' we just wanted to check the driver reviews and they got excited said sure thing and gave me a list of the choices and pricing...

Man you shoulda heard the story they gave us on the versa though Woah! They said the reason why they had the versa as a used with such low mileage ( and they had another with only 48 miles..! ) is because some guy came in, bought the first one with 48 miles on it, week later brought it back because his girlfriend didnt like it so he TRADED IT IN for the other one, drove it up to 700 miles his girl friend dumped him and he brought it back in and TRADED IT IN AGAIN for a car 'he wanted'... kinda hard to believe but who would make up such a retarded story?

-
    -
    -
    questions: (finally)

1. Our original plan is shot, we are gonna need a car fairly soon probably. In your opinions would I be better off paying to reopen the case and reaffirming? 18.5% interest and 13400 left on principal 2010 elantra blue book value @ around 9-10k.
    Or going to a buy here pay here?

2. I applied for the capital one blank check for about 9.5k used and was declined also tried for a new @ 15k and was declined. Its only been about a week post discharge so I was weary anyway, but plan to dispute hard hits later this month so hopefully take it off there as we have no accounts with them nor ever had.

If I called them or went to a regional office would it be more likely as I could explain situations?

3. I'm a member of a great credit union, are credit unions more willing to help out?

4. Any other subprime lenders out there I can look into? Seen someone mention road something financing...

update: well I just tried through road loans and was accepted...!

Comment

You still may have hope with Cap One for a lower rate. From what I recall, the rates at Roadloans are near ridiculous. Cap One will not approve you until ALL 3 BUREAUS show your BK as discharged. Seeing that you are fairly recent, 1, 2, or all 3 Bureaus may not yet be updated.
      Have you checked?

Comment

Well not sure where to see it because I have a credit checker and can see all 3 but I don't see a specific thing for each to say discharged. One has dsp-2/11. Should they all have that in there reference number? The area over it said chapter 7 discharged then lists the bureaus under. Roadways offered 17.24% which is kinda what I expected right post bk but eh...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X