341 Done, expect Ch7 to be disharged, but not closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Done, expect Ch7 to be disharged, but not closed

Hello, I just had my 341 yesterday. If all goes well (it should), I will discharged by the end of May. My plan had been to clean up my report, wait until mid-summer and put $1,500 down on a car.

But yesterday I learned from my atty that my case may be discharged but not closed due to a potential injury lawsuit that we have to investigate. (I was hurt in an accident last fall..,It did not look like it was worth suing but the trustee wants to pursue it.) So my ch 7 may not be closed until the injury case is settled. This could take years.

My question is: Is it possible to get a car loan if a ch 7 is discharged but not closed? For example, with Capital One? Can I rebuild my credit w/o a closed case?
    Thanks for your help,
    H.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 03-18-2011, 04:19 PM. Reason: OP's Title is misleading

Hi Bobertthecat:

I changed your title because it is very misleading to those who wish to send you congratulations, hamster dances, et. al. Congratulations, though on your 341. Welcome to the 60 Day Club!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Oh, OK. Didn't realize that. Thanks

Comment

The discharge is the important piece of the puzzle. Once you're discharged, you should be able to start rebuilding your credit right away. Our case may not be closed for up to a year, simply because the trustee told us that is how long it could take (we have a very small dollar amount of assets to be distributed).
        Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X