X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the market, not by choice.

AAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!

Ok, just had to let that out.

We've been very very good post-discharge. My plan was to not even attempt opening up any new lines of credit until two years past, then a small credit card, etc. I HATE credit. But...

My wife gets t-boned by a drunk early Friday morning. Our beautiful red Dodge Charger R/T (pretty much the only nice thing we kept through BK) is toast. I'm gearing up for the insurance company fight, and have started applying (after a few beers, of course. ugh). Declined immediately by up2drive. I got "we'll contact you in a few days" from capone, and since I BK'd a credit card with them I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen either. Roadloans approved for a whopping 19%.

Any ideas? I have cash on hand and should get some $$$ from the insurance, but our 'baby' is dead. I'm pissed.
    Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
    341 Meeting 09/09/09
    Discharged 11/12/09
    Closed 12/14/09

your insurance should pay for a loaner car until the money comes through.. then you could pay cash for another vehicle and not have to pay interest. unless of course you see problems with getting the insurance money or you need it for something else.

Comment

You could try Capital One, I was able to get a loan from them last November when my car was totaled in an accident. One of the stickies at the top has a link to their website.

Comment

I would definitely suggest Cap One Auto Finance. They gave me a very good interest rate (5.45 for a 2010 or newer car). I hated the idea of a payment too but with my trade in (your insurance money) and the interest rate, yesterday I got a 2011 Hyundai Tucson for less than $250 a month - and with gas savings (I had a Suburban) and my insurance went down, I will really only be paying about less than $150 a month.

Cap One not only approved me but did when no one else would. Definitely try them. Best of luck and glad your wife is ok!!

Comment

I would look at "captive" financing - Ford Motor Credit has been good to me.
          Chapter 7 Filed 8/11/2009, Discharged 11/23/2009

Comment

Thanks all. I should have spelled it out better. I BK'd a Capital One card so I'm not optimistic about approval by them. I applied anyway, we'll see what happens. I'm so p.o.'ed! But yes, wife is ok and that's what matters.
            341 Meeting 09/09/09
            Discharged 11/12/09
            Closed 12/14/09

Comment

I BK'd on two Capital One cards in 6/2008 and was approved for a car loan 23,000 with them in January and I also got approved for another card from them with a CL of $1,000. Give them a chance.

Comment

I would definitely try Capital One also. We had a credit card and a loan with them that both were included in our bankruptcy. In the past 2 weeks we were both approved for an unsecured card with them with 0% interest for 6 months and then a variable rate of 17%...not too bad considering!
                08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
                04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
                06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
                08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Comment

Hey killinstinst

Hey I BK Cap One w/ judgement, they did not approve me. I too was approved via Roadloans, put a "inquiry" into an used vehicle, and apply to a local dealer and you will be surprised what you can get. 3.16 "lost" my 2002 minivan" 3.17 "2011 Chevy Cruze".

Go local.
                  Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

Great news everybody. I was amazed to get a phone call from Capital One approving my wife and I:

$24000 max loan:

2006 model year: 12.27%
                    2007-08 model: 11.02%
                    2009 model: 10.27%
                    2010-11 model: 9.37%

We drove home in our new Dodge yesterday. The blank check was a piece of cake, went to the dealer and literally went through it like a cash deal. I kept waiting for the complication that never came. 9.37% is not much higher than the 7% I had pre-bk on my auto loan. Nice!

I plan on keeping debt to a minimum, we will use our insurance payout to deal with this, but we have the unanticipated benefit of building up our credit.\\

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Hang in there! There is life after BK!!!!!
                    341 Meeting 09/09/09
                    Discharged 11/12/09
                    Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Try www.car.com.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X