Woah! Good stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woah! Good stuff!

I know I have a couple posts on here but wanted to show some good circumstances.

Originally we planned on going single car family. Well after I got some job news, that would require me to travel a lot more, I realized we wouldn't be able to.
    So we were panicking trying to find financing as soon as we could.

We were turned down for EVERYONE except roadloans through carmax. Originally quoted 18% for up to about 17k. Well the day we went up to carmax we provided the proof of income and they wouldn't accept it! They said I make to much in bonus' and overtime and after all that was removed I made only 4.5k and that wasn't enough for them.
    So carmax ran my credit through their systems and I was approved for 27k @ 20% through Santander... which IS the parent company of roadloans so I found it rather suspicious. We drove 2 hrs up there to even deal and they pretty much pulled a switch on us for interest rates.

Well we ended up getting a 08 Jeep Patriot with only like 7000 miles on it financed for about 15k. We planned on doubling payments a month to get it paid early so we didn't stress over 20% as much. They told me from the time I bought the car I had a 3 day payment option aswell penalty free. So if I found alternative financing I had 3 days to contact them and they'll void the santander contract.

I went through everything just trying to find someway to get the interest lower and I finally broke down and went to my credit union ( which I honestly figured I had no chance with because they told me before I filed I would need usually 2-6 months post discharge before they will even talk to me )

I sat down with a nice elderly woman who had worked there since the credit union opened. I told her the situation and showed her the car, the contract I had 3 days to void, and everything. She asked me why we filed, I told her why completely truthful about everything. I told her we haven't been discharged even a month so I don't expect an approval its just my last place to even try.
    I told her even if they kept me at 20% I would still go through them just because at least then I would have a trust worthy place to go.

Short story: She got us from 20.49% interest about 390/mo 72 months to 10.5% interest + 5yr/100k miles extended warrenty no deductible everything covered even free oil changes + gap coverage for 370/mo for 60 months.

When she came back from the bank manager she told me I had better be a customer of theirs for life and be willing to sell blood to pay for this car because she just had to give a little! I was approved.

I told her I was about to cry and I would bring her flowers everyday and she said I better not because they'd think it was fishy.

Only 25 days post discharge and I got a 10% loan for a used car when EVERYONE else denied us or tried to screw us... I am speechless. They got a customer for life :P

She said she went back there and pretty much yelled at the loan manager until he approved saying its not right how these companies cheat people and try to just build more debt on young people who are trying to do the right thing and start over.

Thats awesome. I am happy that you found someone to go to bat for ou!

Comment

Wow JGra! Excellent outcome. May I ask how long you've been a member of this credit union?
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Little less than about a year and a half. We have checking, savings, and a savings account made for my 2 year old daughter. She told me I better be a member of theirs for life now :P And we probably will be since they've been so good to us.
        They actually did something else pretty good a couple months ago. My wife's mother is a pretty bad person, she came to the hospital after my daughter was born completely drugged out we ended up having a nurse ask her to leave. Usually we have nothing to do with her and just ignore her, her sister actually has a restraining order against her. But around my daughters birthday we got a check in the mail, 20$ for my daughters bday. We deposited it. Bad idea. My daughters savings account the next week was -20$ and given a 25$ fee for a bad check. They said she had actually stopped payment on the check!... thats pretty bad huh. We were in pretty much disbelief over that the fact that she sent a 20$ check to her granddaughter and then she paid a fee to her bank to cancel the check and then gave us a fee over cashing it!

Anyway we told the credit union what happened and they refunded the 25$ fee even though it was our mistake for trusting it anyway.

And they use transunion, and told me my score was only 509!
        Last edited by JGra; 03-21-2011, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Excellent! Enjoy your new wheels!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Stories like yours prove there are decent people in this world - congratulations on your Jeep (I love the Liberty, wouldn't mind one myself.) And, wow...about Grandma's bad check... !
            Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
            New Job 7-2011

Comment

thats a great story! We belong to a CU, and by God, we always will. We are done with the major 'banks', and we will never use them down the road. Not for car loans, or cc's anything. Being a member of the CU, you have incentive not to default, b/c you're a member and the lady who went to bat for you, you are paying her salary when your making your payments on time, and interest. Good for the both of you! Congrats
              Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

That is great news! I also belong to a credit union and have been given advice here to try my credit union first before a financing company for an auto loan. Now I'm thinking this may be my best bet. Congrats!
                08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
                04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
                06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
                08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X