No announcement yet.

Chap 7 Discharged? Do I need a Trustee or Court Approval to buy/lease new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chap 7 Discharged? Do I need a Trustee or Court Approval to buy/lease new car

My Chapter 7 asset case is discharged for more than six months. Assets have been liquidated but the case is still open waiting for approval of some final distribution report from the Trustee. As asset case takes long time to close

I need a new car and getting offers in the mail from lenders willing to lend me

My question is 1) Do I need to have Trustee's or court approval before I can buy/lease or since I am already discharged, I do not need to have the approval

Originally posted by imran93 View Post
    My Chapter 7 asset case is discharged for more than six months. Assets have been liquidated but the case is still open waiting for approval of some final distribution report from the Trustee. As asset case takes long time to close

I need a new car and getting offers in the mail from lenders willing to lend me

My question is 1) Do I need to have Trustee's or court approval before I can buy/lease or since I am already discharged, I do not need to have the approval
    You are discharged, but not closed. We had the same deal. Took about a year, then the Trustee distributes, gets his fee through the Court, and advises all is done. Then the Judge closes.

Technically you would be able to incur new debt. It could not be discharged anyway, now. You have already given up the assets you owed. New assets even if paid in full are not in your bk now. ONLY if they find fraud, the case could be reopened in your case as what you stated. There are other reason to reopen but if you are clean and only distribution is in progress you have no problem. If you have a lawyer, I would still pass your question before him. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X