Gave up Vehicle Now I need a Car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gave up Vehicle Now I need a Car!

Well my free ride in my old vehicle is over the Trustee called and asked me to turn in my truck, so I drove it to the auction house on 5/13/2011 and have been driving a rental ever since. I don't want to rush out and make a mistake purchasing a vehicle, I want to make the best decisions possible. I talked to my attorney and they said it was okay to purchase a vehicle before my discharge, I have heard about roadloans are there any other bankruptcy friendly car loan companies that will help you pre-discharge?
    Filed Chapter 7: 3/16/11
    341 meeting: 4/20/11
    DISCHARGED!!!!!!!: 07/1/11

Hey there mjengineer. I heard Prestige Financial has a pre-discharge program, my Attorney gave me information about them.
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Originally posted by disconapper View Post
      Hey there mjengineer. I heard Prestige Financial has a pre-discharge program, my Attorney gave me information about them.
      I looked up information on Prestige after you posted this and they have some bad reviews from people. One person was so pissed off he started a website about how bad they are.

Is this going to be the norm with the subprime lending market? It seems all of them kind of treat you like a second class citizen, I can understand them not having a tolerance for you being late or missing payments considering they are extending a loan to you with bad credit but collection practices seem a bid shady.

Comment

Originally posted by mjengineer View Post
        I looked up information on Prestige after you posted this and they have some bad reviews from people. One person was so pissed off he started a website about how bad they are.

Is this going to be the norm with the subprime lending market? It seems all of them kind of treat you like a second class citizen, I can understand them not having a tolerance for you being late or missing payments considering they are extending a loan to you with bad credit but collection practices seem a bid shady.
        Absolutely the norm I've ran into. Yes, I looked up Prestige Financial as well, no beuno, but if you need a car, they can help. Most of those posts are from people who were late, if you pay on time, you shouldn't have an issue...course one would assume that...my current car lender (Santander) has been a nightmare, posting payments wrong etc. I'll be glad to get rid of them with the BK. Roadloans is all over the message boards as well with angry consumers...it's a tough call.
        Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Originally posted by disconapper View Post
          Absolutely the norm I've ran into. Yes, I looked up Prestige Financial as well, no beuno, but if you need a car, they can help. Most of those posts are from people who were late, if you pay on time, you shouldn't have an issue...course one would assume that...my current car lender (Santander) has been a nightmare, posting payments wrong etc. I'll be glad to get rid of them with the BK. Roadloans is all over the message boards as well with angry consumers...it's a tough call.
          Wow I was just starting to look up information on Santander, I guess I can cross them off the list too. I may have to go with the cash for a hooptie route and just hope I get a decent vehicle because it seems financing with any of these companies has the potential for issues. You could be right though it could be late payments or something that is causing the issue, but when people say they called me before the due date and I was current that's a little scary.

Comment

'Hub and I are seeing any number of nice cars on neighborhood corners and streets that people are trying to sell. These range anywhere between $1,500.00 and 3K, and usually the sign will also say 'OBO' or best offer. If you can get some cash together, this might be the way to go. And you wouldn't have a payment hanging over your head. Just a suggestion.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by mjengineer View Post
              Wow I was just starting to look up information on Santander, I guess I can cross them off the list too. I may have to go with the cash for a hooptie route and just hope I get a decent vehicle because it seems financing with any of these companies has the potential for issues. You could be right though it could be late payments or something that is causing the issue, but when people say they called me before the due date and I was current that's a little scary.
              Oh Santander is horrible, just trust me on that. I started out with them behind the eight-ball so to speak...horrible customer service....just bad all around.

Yup, that's what Santander does (or did) to me, I'd get an invoice from them saying I was late, and the invoice would arrive before the due date, it didn't make sense. I used to be with CitiFinancial but my loan was sold to Santander.

I'm going the route AngelinaCat suggested...I'm gonna pay cash for an old used car. I'm looking forward to not having a car payment.

Comment

once my bankruptcy was discharged i got a loan with capital one auto ... really low payments and i plan on making them on time every month to help build my credit back up. i did not even use all the money they offered. i had a jeep that was over twenty years old though...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X