My car buying experience 2 years post-bk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car buying experience 2 years post-bk

Just wanted to share my car buying experience for anyone looking for a vehicle post-bk.

I will be discharged 2 years come November. I have one small credit card post-bk that I pay faithfully each month. I went to my local Ford dealer and was offered the following:

Purchase: 2012 Ford Escape at 3.9% interest with $500 down for $375 per month for 72 months

or

Lease: 2012 Ford Escape with $500 down for $319 per month for three years

I did use my Dad's A plan but as I said, I only had $500 down. Both payments could have been much lower with another $600 down but that's all I had as I will be moving into a new apartment in a few weeks and need deposit and first month's rent.

I was told the only reason I was offered a decent interest rate is because I have previous good credit history with Ford but that they do try to work with folks post-bk.

Just wanted to share. I hope my story helps someone who needs a vehicle.
    Filed: 8-19-09
    341: 9-21-09
    Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Congrats!!!! I am almost 2 years post-bk and starting to look around for a newer or new car. Currently driving an 87 S10 with 207K miles but gets me from point A to B and saving some down payment money. Been looking at the newer V6 mustang so glad to know that Ford is BK friendly.

Comment

Yes they are and with at least $1000 down, I am sure you can get a reasonable payment. I am very happy with my experience with them. I wish you well on your new purchase.

As others on the board have said: There is life after bankruptcy!

Comment

I'd go with plan c. Buy a pre owned so you are not paying for the depreciation.
        Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
        Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

DebtHater - I totally agree with you under normal circumstances. Unfortunately, my life has taken a turn far from normal. I was merely posting my experience for someone in the market for a vehicle and what my experience has been. I will also add that I am leasing my vehicle and I know that many feel this is a no-no and that's fine. I am doing what is best for me in my situation as I am sure we all do.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X