Approved by Capital One Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved by Capital One Auto

First post, but I have been lurking since my discharge at 03/11. Never cared for any spam mail for auto loans, but situation changed and will be needing another vehicle.

My fico score after 3 months from discharged averaged 605. Saw a mail from capital auto last week with a pre-approval for 30k. At first I was like, nah...but my curiosity got the best of me, so I went online, typed my info and waited. It then said, they will email me in 24 hrs. With that, I was feeling I didn't get approved. Well, this morning I received an email from them stating I have been approved for the 30k I requested and was given a 9% interest. I was very happy, even though I have a high interest, I can't complain.
    Anyways, not looking to buy a 30k vehicle, just around 12-15k.

Like the members here been saying, it ain't the end of the world with BK.

Update,

Found a Certified Pre-Owned with 10k miles on a 2010 SL AWD Nissan Rogue for 21800 at a dealer. It had all the options my wife and I wanted, sunroof, roofrack, bluetooth, etc.....Talked down the numbers a few hundred. Out the door at $22500 with no down payment. LTV blank check is 110% came to $550( easily afford) a month with 9.3 interest for 4 years...Will re-fi in a year. Drove away happy Knowing I didn't have to put down payment.

Comment

Congrats! Not having to put a down payment down is a big deal! Enjoy your new vehicle

Comment

Congrats on the new car and being on your way to building your credit again!
        Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
        The rebuilding begins

Comment

Thanks to all.

I was also approved with a Capital one card with a 500 credit limit at 9.9 interest. It would come in handy using it for renting vehicles.

Comment

Congrats on the new car and being on your way to building your credit again!
            Filled 5-2010
            7-2010 341 Meeting (Chapter 7 No Asset)
            8-2010 Discharged/Case closed!

Comment

Update,

Capital One Auto called me to setup the 1st payment date and to my surprise, I asked if I can split the payment, occurring every other Friday with my payday, and they agreed! It would help give me some more cushion since rent, auto insurance, utilities, cell phone, etc all get paid on the 1st of the month. There also is no charge to split the payment...I'm loving Capital One Auto.

Comment

Originally posted by jcal View Post
                I asked if I can split the payment, occurring every other Friday with my payday, and they agreed!
                That's great! BTW, shouldn't that save you some interest as well? I'm curious because I know for a fact that bi-weekly payments on a mortgage have that effect.
                Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Not sure, never had bi-weekly payments in my previous mortgages. It would be awesome if it was the same concept.

Comment

It will save you some interest but if they split the payment in half you will also pay it off earlier because you are paying more than one payment per month. For example.....$300 payment divided by 2 = $150 per pay check. However, you get paid 26 times a year, not 24. Therefore you would basically be paying one extra payment per year. Great idea if you can do it!
                    New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Any one ever included Capital One in their BK and after your discharge got an approval from them?????

Comment

I did Bk'd a 30k Capital one credit card and I was discharged 03/11. Then I was approved the Capital one auto loan and a $500 credit card last month.

Comment

Originally posted by jcal View Post
                          I did Bk'd a 30k Capital one credit card and I was discharged 03/11. Then I was approved the Capital one auto loan and a $500 credit card last month.
                          Really??? How long between the discharge and the auto loan (ie. 2, 3, etc months)?

Comment

Originally posted by Nufsayd View Post
                            Really??? How long between the discharge and the auto loan (ie. 2, 3, etc months)?
                            About 7 months, Just last month I received the auto loan and credit card. I was discharged 03/11.

Comment

Thank you jcal :-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X