top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, that was amazingly simple and helpful!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that was amazingly simple and helpful!

So, to go off of my previous thread, my shady finance company wouldn't reaffirm my note because I was already behind (just by sheer lack of coordination, not intent), and with my case closing last week, it took them all of two days to repo the vehicle in question (at 4:30 AM, no less).

So, I had received a couple of solicitations from local dealers here and called them up. The first one that responded did some diligent work, but after a bit of haggling and showing the willingness to walk away (which I was ready to do), I was able to put $1500 down on a decent vehicle for roughly the same payment (just a bit more due to the new finance company's requirement to carry warranty protection), but a longer term of 66 mos vs. 54 for the original one that was repo'ed, and an 8% interest reduction.

Best part, the finance folks at the dealer were able to help get things set up, and stressed that these terms would only be short-term (about 8 mos) so that I could get into a lower rate and payment.

Not bad for roughly 6 hours worth of work, I think.
    Filed: 28 July 11 (Ch. 7) / 341: 6 Sep 11 / No Dist: 12 Sep 11
    Discharge: 9 Nov 11 / CLOSED: 15 Nov 11

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X