returning/buying vehicle prior to 341 meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

returning/buying vehicle prior to 341 meeting

The husband and I had our consult in August and I owned my truck (title in hand). It then had major mechanical repairs totaling $2100 that needed to be done to it. I decided to sell it (didn't have the $ to repair it) and ended up getting our mortgage and utilities caught up and putting a down payment on a similar truck. We updated our file with our lawyer before actually filling and she said we should be ok because they were similar in value. Well here's the complicated part. Three months later while still trying to get my plates transferred we find out that there's a lien on the truck because the previous owner altered a title and her bank still owns it in another state. (she's currently serving time in jail for numerous reasons) The dealer is giving me all my money back and a rep from the bank is coming to get the truck Weds. Now how does it look that I now have to get another vehicle just 2 weeks prior to my 341 meeting, even though it's not my fault? I will be calling my lawyer 2morrow but was just looking for some input and advice tonight. Thanks.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X